HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #21
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury
Default Re: Top Draster wheelbase

well there will always be different views ....thats why a meeting should be held with track officials and everyone interested in racing the series .....i personally dont care what the rules are my car is certified to 6.0 and the new motor will run what it runs it is not built for spray and i dont have a endless bank account to buy another one if it breaks ...so if i am quick enough i will see u all in the series i will be the poor child with the little trailer and the smallest budget .......p.s. i will sweep trailers out for money or food or beer....
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #22
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

ok so who is interested in a meeting i know for a fact a bunch of you are watching this post so come on guys speak up .........
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian
I don't think a meeting is going to change the format that has been chosen by the 2 people that are organizing the program. It is unfortunate that the NHRA div 1 rules for T/D are not good enough.

Scott,
I can appreciate wanting to race with people who have the same Go-Fast mindset. BUT TOP DRAGSTER IS STILL A BRACKET RACE. Remember how quickly the heads-up Pro-Comp class attempts at LVD and NED turned into spending contests. As I posted earlier if all of the "fast" cars come out, us 7.50 - 7.70 guys wont qualify anyway, and at $100.00 a DNQ the odds of non-qualifiers coming back twice is unlikely. I like Wayne and I would have enjoyed supporting the program. But I am cannot justify buying a $ 800.00 plate set-up and a $1200.00 firesuit to try and go faster at a place that my and other 7.50 cars already have downtrack traction issues.
The first time some of the traveling folks come down and go double "0" on some one but have to lift or miss the number because they blew the tires off at 800 feet, you may have a hard time getting them to come back.

Bill Krug
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #24
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Brian,
You'll be fine with the 598. You should run easily in the 7.00's.

Kruggy,
You state some good facts but only time will tell. If Howard tells Scott and Wayne that he's going to prep the track, all they can do is say OK. Scott and Waynes point is dead on, the reason the TD series is what it is, is because any 6.99 and quicker car has no place to race. People are very fortunate to be able to race every weekend so close to home.

Now if Howard agrees to put the Super Pro ET break at 6.00 so the TD (and TS) guys can play every week I would say that would be a different story. (actually that would be SOOO cool, someone running 12.90 at 98 MPH being chased by someone running 6.00 at 230 MPH)
Maybe we should talk to Howard :-) ........

There are a number of people stepping up this year with spray or different combos so it should be interesting to say the least.

Man it's a been a long winter...
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #25
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hopefully he does prep the track as it should be done for cars who might attempt to go in the mid 6's (and in your case Frank - high 5's - LOL).
Last year was really not a good judge of things - yeah he did nothing to the track but it was also snowing in the morning. And due to a small parts breakage I was not able to make a single qualifying run.

However being that the track is somewhat local (a few hours) from everyone -from the boys up in NH to the guys down here in Jersey - IF the track is right then the series will grow and we will not have issues with the 7.50 max.

Not to come across like an ***, but be happy Wayne is running the series because I would say make it much lower than that. And yes this topic has been beaten but we all want a nice close to home series. However if that includes 3 maybe 4 of us running in the mid-high 6's and 12 other cars running 7.4 and up I will stay home. That is not a top dragster race - esp when half the cars down at atco are running 7.30 or faster.

Only time will tell - like I said to people I speak with who run the class - I am giving the Series ONE race - if the track is horrible then I will never come to another one. If Howie uses his head and really preps the track we can have a nice local series.

Just my 2 cents - I might be wrong
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #26
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gentlemen,

With the exception of the guys that are looking for the low qualifier spot, Most of the T/D guys I know try to use as little spray as possible. The old adage is "just enough to get in the show". I can't see beating the equipment like a "rented mule" just have a lower dial-in at a bracket race. At the risk of sounding "Frugal" when I bought the 598 engine I have now, I was aiming for 7.50 ET. The car is capable of qualifying at the usually never full T/D in D1, have a decent MPH in S/C and still be reasonably competitive at a "bracket race" at LVD 10 miles from my house. If I lived near ATCO or NED (tracks that consistently have enough "bite" for faster cars to be regularly competitive) I would have bought a 632". I will be at ATCO in T/D at the open with my "slow but steady" barely under the index car . If I qualify, I will gladly take the disadvantage of being the slower car. With this economy I will keep that $2,000.00 for the NOS and -15 Fire suit in my pocket, and avoid the risks and aggravation that come with using spray.

I wont get into an LVD bashing session and not for lack of effort on the staff's part, but in recent history the "bite" down track is inconsistent at best. I don't know if it is the water table, the old blacktop condition or inconsistent traction compound formulas, But 7 second dragsters should not have trouble sticking. Hopefully new blacktop will cure this but it may take a while for it to come around and with the usual head/cross winds that are present on the top end, running 180mph plus could get very dicey.

Bill
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #27
pentastarrail

Brian and Billy,

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...Web-Sale-.html

Brand new.
Cheap power and you don't have to make ANY engine mods.
Bolt it on and hang on.
Is it Spring yet????
Old 02-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
pentastarrail

Billy,
If I had your money I'd be buying one of these:

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/9...MENT-SALE.html

:-)

Now that I think about it, if I had your money I'd buy my own race track. :-)
Old 02-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #29
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=i will be the poor child with the little trailer and the smallest budget .......QUOTE]

Two things I know for sure

A trailer has never won a race

A trailer has never qualified for a race

For me 24 ft trailer 3/4 ton truck and Hopefully a six second dragster inside if I can get it all worked out. ( trying to be optomistic!) I dont even think my car is going to fit with the wing Im probably going to have to make a mount in the trailer for that.

Your 598 should be fine. That car must be relatively light I would think.

I do understand the -15 suit concerns. I am fortunate enough that I have access to a -20 I can borrow for the races up there that should be nice and cool in July. Everyone in top dragster is going to need them next year anyway regardless of how fast we go. So that will be an investment for next winter.

LETS GO RACING THIS WINTER STUFF IS KILLING ME!!!

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #30
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pentastarail,

Who are you? Obviously we know each other I am not getting your ID from your log on.
As I said before, If the track was consistently better I would have bought more power.

Mike, I will be pleasantly surprised if the track is suited for T/D or T/S this year, But you reinforced exactly what I said. The first time you feel unsafe or .00 some one and have to lift because of the track, you will stay home. I have been racing LVD for a long time and in the last several years unless it was perfect conditions (like no rain for a month and well sprayed) I would not bother trying to run 7.00 let alone mid 6,s.
There is a reason there are so many fast cars at ATCO, when you turn it loose there you are rarely wondering how far you are going to get.

Bill