HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury
Default This weekend at the Valley

Up coming this weekend is a quick 32 race 1,500.00 to win and 700.00 runner up on saturday along with Super Street and Test and tune The track is even better than it ever has been i nearly walked out of my shoes on the starting line Sunday there will be a 1,000 dollar to win Super and Pro and a quick 16 race ....1,000.00 to win
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
waynelvd

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: This weekend at the Valley

FYI the track was awsome on Sunday, windy and cold . Crongrats to Gary Carbone on win . and Rick Bourne on runner up . Steve and Ed did a great job with prep .

Carbones 60 ' times 1.032 Bournes 60' times 1.086
1.039 1.110
1.039 1.115
1.034 1.118
1.030 1.113
1.031 1.114
1.026 bye
1.032 1.119
Any one who says the track isn't up to standards should look at there setup !!!
waynelvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
waynelvd

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Saturdays races were rained out . We cancelled Sundays quick 16 with high winds and temp around 40 . If a car can repeat 1.03 60' times all day long with bad weather conditions that says alot of track prep .
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: This weekend at the Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown hemi 526 View Post
I look forward to putting a 9.40 gear ratio in my rear for that 60ft racin - yeeeeehhhaawwww this is gonna be fun. Is the new turnoff at the 330 ft cone ??Figure I should be able to go .870-.890 60ft no problem - the only problem is my dial board needs to be changed and the decimal needs to be in the begining now.
Thank you Lebanon Valley for making such a great 60 ft dragstrip - you are going to revolutionize the sport with your brilliant thinking !!!

I say they had less than 8 cars for the quick race !!!! And I got 5,000 says nothing was faster than 6.75 !! The extreme 32 60ft racin LVD style 1.03 baby !!! Come get yerself some of that !!!!!
I know this does not answer your question but here is some good footage from the divisional last year in Top Sportsman........

http://www.youtube.com/user/robzneed...49/-9aGBlf77xc

Top Alcohol:

Last edited by jayork1331; 05-11-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: additional info
jayork1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown hemi 526 View Post
Hey Jay,

Good shots with the cam. Just bustin balls a little - I got nailed to the cross for voicing an opinion so I figure I would just bust balls again. People have sticks up their asses and never have any humor - so it's fun to getem going.

Oh by the way I was told that 2 cars were there for the quick show - and one would not even take his car out of the trailer - LMAO. Talk about a fast show - I can just here the PA announcments now "Attn racers - please be sure you come back to the lanes immediately- we want to make sure we finish the race today"
LMAO......I wish those were my shots with the camera...I have some on youtube but not nearly as good as those...maybe the quick 16 and the quick 32 races will pick up next time around...It would be cool if you brought you car up and whoop some ***....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
topd1332

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There was 4 of us from the Syracuse Area all able to run quicker than 6.75 that didnt go to due to weather and mothers day on Sunday. It is people like you being negitive all the time thats ruins this type of show. Why dont you bring you blown 526 and show them how it is done
topd1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
1855sc

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I thought the 60ft races actually worked out well on Sunday. The track was fully prepped right thru the 60ft clocks to just about 70ft way to go wayne & crew!!!! I almost walked out of my shoes, no wait that was the win blowing me out of them...lol
Bring it on Hemi dude, my training wheels are on and waiting just for you! And I will even make you an offer> Come up to the Valley with your "blown way fast" car and I will leave my training wheels(T-Stop) on and still whoop you! for $100.00 cash out of my pocket. 1 run(ok,1 time run also) 1/4mile unless weather predicts otherwise. I may lose the race but I can guarantee you will love racing there and maybe stick around for sunday. NO BS... you in? All you so called fast cars are like the COMP guys no one wants to be "first" and wait on everyone else to tell you that the track is good and the competition just might scare you. But if you all stay home, then of course there isnt going to be a "fast 32". It is what it is unless all you keyboard drivers get up there and if not, then STOP COMPLAINING about the bump.
And yes, the $100.00 is all I can afford...lol so you in or scared...

Debbie Moses

Last edited by 1855sc; 05-12-2010 at 02:01 PM.
1855sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
waynelvd

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

What you two missed was people complaining about traction . What i said was the traction was great . And if you can not get off the line or repeat 60 ' times it's not the track .
Old 05-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Hemi II

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was ther on Sunday and it was a good call not to race Quick 16 with the cold temp and high winds . Not sure why two of you boys are giving Wayne a hard time ? He did not say any but the fact that some people were complaining about the traction and the track was awsome, not that they raced 60' times .If you can not see what he has done for the track in just a short time KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. By far, he is one of the best things that has happened there in a long time. With new programs ,payouts and improvements. I may on see eye to eye with everything he has done but i respect him for stepping up and cleaning up the mess .I can also say if you walk thru the pits and talk to other racers,they are excitied and feel safe that he is there .
Hemi II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #10
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: This weekend at the Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi II View Post
I was ther on Sunday and it was a good call not to race Quick 16 with the cold temp and high winds . Not sure why two of you boys are giving Wayne a hard time ? He did not say any but the fact that some people were complaining about the traction and the track was awsome, not that they raced 60' times .If you can not see what he has done for the track in just a short time KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. By far, he is one of the best things that has happened there in a long time. With new programs ,payouts and improvements. I may on see eye to eye with everything he has done but i respect him for stepping up and cleaning up the mess .I can also say if you walk thru the pits and talk to other racers,they are excitied and feel safe that he is there .
enjoy everyone...BTW thanks Wayne for all that you are doing at Lebanon Valley...

http://www.youtube.com/user/robzneed...52/lS-uy40zxAo