HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #11
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: AHRA index racing

I can't see that there will be a lot of cars, if any, signing up for this. It's hard enough to win a Super class race with all of the electronics. I can't imagine that there are 10 cars in the country that match all the requirements.
Dan
Old 02-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #12
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: AHRA index racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
I can't see that there will be a lot of cars, if any, signing up for this. It's hard enough to win a Super class race with all of the electronics. I can't imagine that there are 10 cars in the country that match all the requirements.
Dan
To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #13
Wild Wild West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is true that .90 racing is boring to most all spectators, but that is because they really don't understand how the game is played. It is far from boring to the drivers that participate in the .90 classes. Besides, most spectators are not at a National Event to watch the .90 classes.
Wild Wild West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #14
voltdr

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;555206]To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell ![/Q

What do you think would happen if the electronics were banned?
Dan
Old 02-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #15
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell !
Some day I'll finally ascend to Stock or Super Stock so I can do my burnout and look through the smoke in awe at full grandstands at a national event!
Old 02-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #16
63corvette

Liked 279 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Look at the stands for any of the sportsman classes except maybe TS and TD and you see the same things.
Have you ever competed in the throttle stop classes?
If not don't knock it until you try it.
160+ mph in a roadster is much more fun for me than 110 MPH was in my stocker and it was a stick car.
I ran stock for years in the 60's and early 70's.
I have just as much or more fun now running a SG car as I did the stock car back when.
Being retired it is also less work to run the SG car and to me it is about fun not how much work it takes to be competitive. I would not have retired if I wanted to work the hours it takes to be competitive in stock and super stock.
It is all about different strokes for different folks. I have other interests other than drag racing also.
Please don't knock any of the classes or we may just not have any classes to run in the future.
Be a part of the solution not part of the problem by knocking a class of racers.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX SG 5887
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:18 PM   #17
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: AHRA index racing

[QUOTE=voltdr;555217]
Quote:
To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell ![/Q

What do you think would happen if the electronics were banned?
Dan
Much better racing and a better show for the spectator.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 AM   #18
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: AHRA index racingf

So,. Is this AHRA bounty only listed for the west coast? I went to there web site, and really could not find info on this. I don't believe I am eligible, since I have a Lenco. But i might call tomorrow and ask. I can't believe they are going to pay 10k, really! There has to be a issue where no one is eligible
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:34 AM   #19
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

Found the flyer, manual clutch engagement for every gear, that leaves me out!
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #20
voltdr

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;555245]
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post

Much better racing and a better show for the spectator.
Maybe, but you would bankrupt all of the after market companies . That wouldn't be very good..........
Dan