Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #741
Birch motor cars

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Cool Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schwartz View Post
What % of cars, that were running Crate Motor classes recently, had taken full advantage of the rules? What % were otherwise NHRA-legal cars that just had an engine swap?

If you put a NHRA-legal 9" tire on a car that still had it's IHRA-allowed mini-tubs an

d relocated springs, would it have an advantage over a NHRA Stocker?

Is it correct that you can build certain NHRA-legal Stocker engines almost entirely out of aftermarket parts, aside from the intake manifold? (approved replacement block, oil pan, crankshaft, rods, pistons, heads, carburetor/EFI, & ignition, plus all the traditionally replaced components like headers, cam, valve covers, rocker arms etc.).
Mike you are 100% correct. I'm a Crate motor guy with a brand new legal crate motor sitting on my shop floor. I contacted Glendora about building a legal NHRA motor, they told me my options, so I dug into the rule book and ClassRacerInfo.com. I really had quite a laugh of what I discovered. So NHRA allows aftermarket blocks, heads, intakes just as you outlined. So what's the difference ??? So really here I sit with a legal 350ci 330hp crate motor that is more stock then what the NHRA book allows. The only thing I can come up with is all of these keyboard jockeys on here are just plain in simple SCARED of our combinations because we run faster without spending thousands of dollars to cheat, that's right some of you keyboard jockeys on here have auctally admitted to it. Therfore is the reason, they call us bracket racers or oh go back to the brackets, that's right we can go bracket race our cars because they can take it unlike the others. I'm a guy that says what Im thinking, it's real hard to read all of this hatred and hold back from responding to these scared people. My Legal Crate Motor is going in my mini tubed, 10.5" tire, holley 750cfm, Edlebrock Super Vector intake car in a few weeks and will race it's little heart out at Class Assioation races and local brackets.
Birch motor cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #742
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

If you guys really want to get these cars added on a regular basis I suggest you show up and support these Open races. Rich and Division 2 have given you guys an opportunity to show there is a need. If I were in your position I would be rallying my fellow CM racers and preparing to go support these races instead of coming on here trying to pick a fight and calling people cheaters.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #743
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
If you guys really want to get these cars added on a regular basis I suggest you show up and support these Open races. Rich and Division 2 have given you guys an opportunity to show there is a need. If I were in your position I would be rallying my fellow CM racers and preparing to go support these races instead of coming on here trying to pick a fight and calling people cheaters.
Precious!
Birch did not call them cheaters.
He repeated what they said!

Hope all this has solidified CM racers.
Maybe some enterprising soul will start a CM association.

D
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #744
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Dan I'm trying to turn over a new leaf here, I don't recall anyone admitting anything about any cheating here so may be you can point that out for me. I am completely sincere when I say the ball is in their court here, if I had a crate motor I would be prepared to travel from half way across the country to attend these races to show there is support. If CM guys don't come to these races it will go away just like IHRA.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #745
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,032 Times in 270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch motor cars View Post
Mike you are 100% correct. I'm a Crate motor guy with a brand new legal crate motor sitting on my shop floor. I contacted Glendora about building a legal NHRA motor, they told me my options, so I dug into the rule book and ClassRacerInfo.com. I really had quite a laugh of what I discovered. So NHRA allows aftermarket blocks, heads, intakes just as you outlined. So what's the difference ??? So really here I sit with a legal 350ci 330hp crate motor that is more stock then what the NHRA book allows. The only thing I can come up with is all of these keyboard jockeys on here are just plain in simple SCARED of our combinations because we run faster without spending thousands of dollars to cheat, that's right some of you keyboard jockeys on here have auctally admitted to it. Therfore is the reason, they call us bracket racers or oh go back to the brackets, that's right we can go bracket race our cars because they can take it unlike the others. I'm a guy that says what Im thinking, it's real hard to read all of this hatred and hold back from responding to these scared people. My Legal Crate Motor is going in my mini tubed, 10.5" tire, holley 750cfm, Edlebrock Super Vector intake car in a few weeks and will race it's little heart out at Class Assioation races and local brackets.

No, actually you don't have a perfectly legal crate motor. You know why? Because crate motors are not accepted in NHRA Stock Eliminator, and IHRA Stock Eliminator is dead. What you have is a candidate for a bracket car or a street car.

Further, it didn't come stock in anything, so it isn't more stock than any legal original combination, regardless of accepted aftermarket components.

Mostly what you have is a car, an illegal engine, and an entitled attitude that makes you think the current rules should be altered to fit your wants and needs, not to mention a holier than thou attitude about how stock your crate motor is. Oh, and the superiority complex that makes you think anyone is scared of you.

You guys with crate motors are demanding that everyone else change their class with set rules to suit you, along with Mr. Pure Stock. And you've gotten worse with every post about how you think you're entitled to change someone else's game, and they're jerks for not jumping through hoops and bending over backwards to do as you ask.

Here's the deal, the NHRA class has been around a long time, and has done better than the IHRA deal. So much better now that NHRA races usually fill their quotas, and your IHRA deal dropped stone dead. those are the absolute incontrovertible facts, regardless of how you, I, or anyone else feels about them. If the IHRA deal was so great, and you guys had such a good thing, it would still be going, and NHRA would be falling all over themselves to do it.

I don't have anything personal against any of you. I really hate that you lost your place to race, I hate that for anyone, and I hate that it keeps IHRA from doing at least a little to help keep NHRA slightly honest. Currently, we're not racing, hopefully, in the not too distant future, we can return. In the mean time, I'm helping about a dozen other guys with their program, selling parts and technical support, at minimum. None of them is running anything other than a currently legal NHRA combination, and none of them wants to see any classes added. The way they see it, they're stepping up to spend the money to build a combination that fits the current rules, and if they can do it, so can you.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #746
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts

Alan, what I don't think they realize is If NHRA were to allow crate motors in a year there would be killer crate engines being built just like the current stock eliminator stuff. I know Tilburg,Gulius, Barton and numerous other bulders would have them stupid fast in no time.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #747
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

I think I saw a V-8 Vega in IHRA crate motor class. Makes sense? Not to me. I ran a real Vega with the 4 cycl. Build your class car to the only rules that are there, NHRA !!!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #748
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Valentine View Post
Alan, what I don't think they realize is If NHRA were to allow crate motors in a year there would be killer crate engines being built just like the current stock eliminator stuff. I know Tilburg,Gulius, Barton and numerous other bulders would have them stupid fast in no time.
There were plenty of scienced out crate motors that used to run with the IHRA.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #749
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Dan I'm trying to turn over a new leaf here, I don't recall anyone admitting anything about any cheating here so may be you can point that out for me. I am completely sincere when I say the ball is in their court here, if I had a crate motor I would be prepared to travel from half way across the country to attend these races to show there is support. If CM guys don't come to these races it will go away just like IHRA.
Cool

D
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #750
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
There were plenty of scienced out crate motors that used to run with the IHRA.
Really.? I don't recall any.... Who.? Gulius ,Barton or Tilburg are in a different zip code when it comes to speed (running under the indexes). Others too of course,... but their names were mentioned. If you turned them loose on the same engines, apples to apples, especially with the 3 tenths gift handicap that IHRA had, and no horsepower penalty system in place, it would have been entertaining at the least. Most NHRA cars that showed up at IHRA races left their cars in bracket mode and were top top qualifiers .. I don't mean to be disrespectful, and maybe I'm wrong and missing something here, , but there is ( I mean was) no comparison ..And it don't madder anyway

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 02-18-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote