HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,234 Times in 252 Posts
Thumbs up New In Car video Toy!

We just got one of these to play with. I was surprised how easy it is to use. Battery powered, has all kinds of clamps and mounts including a rollbar clamp. Just plugs into your computer with a usb to download. We have loaded a couple on youtube. Let me know if you have any questions on these. I can tell you where we got orurs. Pretty fun toy. Jim.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Stephen & Horace Johnson

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: New In Car video Toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
We just got one of these to play with. I was surprised how easy it is to use. Battery powered, has all kinds of clamps and mounts including a rollbar clamp. Just plugs into your computer with a usb to download. We have loaded a couple on youtube. Let me know if you have any questions on these. I can tell you where we got orurs. Pretty fun toy. Jim.

I like it James, i gotta get us one

Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Stephen & Horace Johnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need to hold your left hand about the 9-10 oclock position on the steering wheel. My wife would hold hers at the 12 and the car would wonder down the track a couple of hundred feet kind of like you were doing. Had her hold the wheel at the 9 position and her car quit doing the wandering. When she would leave the starting line, her hand would yank the car to the left. I can't have her driving like that. I realize that a stick shift has more driver input than an auto.

BUT a great video. Nice toy.

OH yea, what king is it and where did you get it?

Last edited by bobby; 07-24-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: add line
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Joe Schaechter

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
Need to hold your left hand about the 9-10 oclock position on the steering wheel. My wife would hold hers at the 12 and the car would wonder down the track a couple of hundred feet kind of like you were doing. Had her hold the wheel at the 9 position and her car quit doing the wandering. When she would leave the starting line, her hand would yank the car to the left. I can't have her driving like that. I realize that a stick shift has more driver input than an auto.

BUT a great video. Nice toy.

OH yea, what king is it and where did you get it?
Not really wandering so much as having the steering wheel off on the splines. We fixed it later in the day.

I don't want to get in trouble with the moderators by posting here but if you look on the youtube video there are notes and a link to where the camera can be purchased. It is a cool camera and amazingly affordable in my opinion. The mounts and camera enclosure seal the deal too.

Last edited by Joe Schaechter; 07-24-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Joe Schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
David Barton
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! The picture quality is impressive.

On a different subject......your head is really high inside the car. If you ever rolled over in there it would really hurt. Your head should really be below the roll cage.

In the cars I drive I practically have to sit on the floor and/or recline the seat back enough to lower my big head.

I wish NHRA would stretch the rules a little in Stock Eliminator to allow us to use safer seats. Stock seats could be very dangerous. Trust me, I'm the first guy in line to keep the class real, but seats don't make the cars any faster.
David Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

I took seat tracks off seat fabbed solid mounts and lowered seats in my car because was having to slouch in seat to set low enough for head clearance is alot more comfortable now and I'm sure it's safer.
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Dave1695

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

We tried a small video camera mounted to roll bar but it didn't work can you tell me what you used and where to purchase it?
Dave1695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
Jeremy1374

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1695 View Post
We tried a small video camera mounted to roll bar but it didn't work can you tell me what you used and where to purchase it?
Dad there is another thread with the link. I saw it a few days ago. It's pretty cheap $200 i believe.
Jeremy1374 is offline   Reply With Quote