HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #41
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: Wild Horse Stock Full @ 3 g.p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton5809 View Post
Everyone acts like they are picking land to build a house and live there for 30 years. Its just a pit spot for 3 days people! We are lucky there is even a race track in the area that we can all play at.

See everyone tomorrow in the dust bowl. I hear the beer is just as cold there as it is in a paved spot.

Brad
Looking live as the gates open at Wild Horse...

Old 02-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #42
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Mr Burton, wise beyond your years!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #43
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton5809 View Post
Everyone acts like they are picking land to build a house and live there for 30 years. Its just a pit spot for 3 days people! We are lucky there is even a race track in the area that we can all play at.

See everyone tomorrow in the dust bowl. I hear the beer is just as cold there as it is in a paved spot.

Brad
Hey Brad one old retired touring pro told me you can win anywhere in the pits so Brad let each track you go to,that you don;t mind pitting in the dirty filthy, uneven pits so I can, with me being a "Pit Snob" can pit in the clean level pits with my very expensive Race car . Thanks for doing this and I am sure that all the racers who spend most of the time at a race in the pits will thank you for your sacrifice , if you know anyone else who does not mind where they pit let the track know others can pit in a descent pit spot. I will buy the beer for you LOL
Old 02-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #44
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts
Talking Re: Wild Horse Stock Full @ 3 g.p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Graham View Post
I find it interesting that a guy that always had prime parking would be so quick to throw the people that did that for him under the buss. Just sayin
Oh, don't mind Don, anybody. He used to get there on Monday morning..Got to talk to the can emptiers from the previous weekend. After they cut that action out of the budget, I remember slugging it out ,along side him, in staging 1 ,staging 2 , staging 3 etc. He was fine .Very composed.
Now that he can't be there at all, it's apparent that he brought his soap box all the way to Tennessee with him. :-) :-)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #45
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Oh, don't mind Don, anybody. He used to get there on Monday morning..Got to talk to the can emptiers from the previous weekend. After they cut that action out of the budget, I remember slugging it out ,along side him, in staging 1 ,staging 2 , staging 3 etc. He was fine .Very composed.
Now that he can't be there at all, it's apparent that he brought his soap box all the way to Tennessee with him. :-) :-)
Mark Your in Charge speak for the good of the racers , that is what I am doing from here in TN,most likely never run at firebird again.Good Luck
Old 02-22-2018, 02:14 AM   #46
Leroy Duran

Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts

spoke to a few friends that was there this morning for stacking and they said other then some traffic hold ups it went smooth no bushes were sacrificed and no curbs ran over and no fist fights happened.

In a perfect world we all would have a perfect pit spot that’s level and clean but we don’t live in a perfect world and we wont always have the prime time pit spot. If you don’t like where Nhra puts u then I guess it’s time for you to sell ur stuff and find a hobby to where ur expensive equipment won’t get dusty.

All of his bitching from someone that isn’t even at this event makes us all look silly. It’s nhra’s sand box we are just playing in it.
Leroy Duran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #47
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Duran View Post
spoke to a few friends that was there this morning for stacking and they said other then some traffic hold ups it went smooth no bushes were sacrificed and no curbs ran over and no fist fights happened.

In a perfect world we all would have a perfect pit spot that’s level and clean but we don’t live in a perfect world and we wont always have the prime time pit spot. If you don’t like where Nhra puts u then I guess it’s time for you to sell ur stuff and find a hobby to where ur expensive equipment won’t get dusty.

All of his bitching from someone that isn’t even at this event makes us all look silly. It’s nhra’s sand box we are just playing in it.
Leroy : I am the person calling attention to this boondoggle .I have for over 40 or more years ran there and raced at all the points meets as well as the all the National events. I know what i am talking about and at Firebird (old Name) Now Wild Horse Pass . there is ZERO reason for the way the Stacking reason has to be a major issue each year been there done it even more than 40 years ,darn i may be old .lol. There are many many many racers who feel exactely the way I feel ,by the way if any of your friends that told you it was smooth they were wrong ,and most likely were not there at 7 am .Many racers have quit going to this track because of this. It could be a great track by the way just need some updating and organizing . I am very vocal and Passionate about the issues of a Sport and race being negative and uncalled for hassles for the track paying customer and I speak up Will let you know when I AM ready to sell my Stuff ,Right now I think I am still enjoying racing . enough said any issues talk to Mark Yacavone .
Old 02-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #48
Leroy Duran

Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts

I believe both of there numbers are under 40 and they had no problems. When I see them today I’ll ask for a play by play.
Leroy Duran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #49
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

right now the racers are going from the second holding area to the pits it is a boondoggle one racer said this .and (I quote) Someone is going to get their *** hurt by one of these nut jobs with this parking **** show .Everyone is trying to get ahead of me" unquote. Keep in mine in some instances there are pit spots being saved by a official .???

"He did say at least nhra has some guys checking numbers ...they are holding line jumpers back."
This boondoggle has happened every year for years and it should not happen to the paying customers
now since when I complain about some things I always have have the solutions and have offered many many times how to do the stacking issue and everyone knows that .
now I am going to offer the real issue people want to get into the pits.the pits stink ,are dirty and need repaving. That is a very simple solution make the pits decent .Vegas is one Prime example on how a race track can take care of their paying customers .

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 02-22-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #50
J Slane

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Don are the line jumpers stock and super stock guys? Just curious
J Slane is offline   Reply With Quote