HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Bill Bogues

Liked 169 Times in 52 Posts
Question Tire direction

Can someone tell me if a Hoosier 9-30 liteweight radial is a directional tire or not. I have a new set that I mounted at home instead of letting them do it at the track. Now I don't know if I put them on right or not. I have them both mounted with the mold number facing outwards. Does this matter or not?
Bill Bogues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
langtown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tire direction

I got this off their website I hope it helps

All Hoosier tires having directional arrows must be mounted so that the tire travels in the direction of the arrow. Hoosier tires having directional arrows will have them on both sidewalls. Directional arrows may not be on a tire that can have both left and/or right side application. All Hoosier tires not having directional arrows should be mounted as detailed below. DRAG RACING TIRES, INCLUDING DOT DRAG TIRES: (Includes catalog numbers beginning with 17, 18) Hoosier drag tires can be mounted to rotate in either direction. Hoosier drag tires can also be flipped or reversed to provide even wear. 18209 30.0/9.0R-15 Radial***
langtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Post Re: Tire direction

I have been running the Hoosier 9" lightweight radials for years. I have the arrows on both going in the same direction but swap them from side-to-side all the time so they do rotate backwards sometimes. Even wear, no issues.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

they are directional.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Bill Bogues

Unhappy Re: Tire direction

Thanks for the replies to my question. I'll be danged if I can see any arrows or anything else to indicate which way their suppose to go on.The only thing I see different on my other tires and rims is that the serial or mold number is on the outside of one rim and on the inside of the other one. This is the kind of stuff you never pay attention to when the tire people put them on at the track.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
rallye bob

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I have/do run the Hoosier # 18211 (co7) and 18212 (co6 light weight) 9.0/30.0r-15 radials
I switch them side to side about every 25 or so passes for better wear (per Hoosier). I say they are not directional. They have no arrows.
I do insist on a "matches set" though, as I have found circumference to differ more than 1/4" from tire to tire.....
rallye bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bogues View Post
Thanks for the replies to my question. I'll be danged if I can see any arrows or anything else to indicate which way their suppose to go on.The only thing I see different on my other tires and rims is that the serial or mold number is on the outside of one rim and on the inside of the other one. This is the kind of stuff you never pay attention to when the tire people put them on at the track.
Bill,

If you cannot find arrows, I think if you mount them with the serial# on the same side, (as you describe - one outer edge of rim , one inner edge of rim) you will at least have them mounted in the same orientaion for when you use and rotate them.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Bill, how you doing? The Hoosier Tires can be run in any direction and can be swapped from side to side. I've been running these tires since they first came out and they are awesome.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
Bill Bogues

Smile Re: Tire direction

Greg Hill , I'm doing fine. We haven't been racing near as much the last couple of years, mainly due to the fact that General Motors hasen't been near as generous with their money as they used to be. But we're still racing when we can:{ It's all me and Sharon know what to do]. Plus last year I started putting together a mid 80's Camaro that we've had for at least 10 years;That took up what little money we had. You know how it goes, if you can"t afford to race one car just build another one.Actually, I planned to sell it when I got it together, but it's turned out pretty nice and now we're going to figure out how to race both of them. Enough ramblin on, are you still running your E car?