HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM   #31
FECARMAN

Default Re: Poking the Bear Ford Performance Products

Evidently no one is reading the current news. Ford is really busy with the old train station and the future of self driving cars. They will be more interested when NHRA OK's self driving drag cars.
FECARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #32
SSGT Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker427 View Post
I agree 100%.
As someone who bleeds Ford blue ...I sure hope Ford doesn't screw up a good thing.
Oh rest assured they will. Ford never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #33
rawhide

I have been a dealer since 1992 I believe and at the present time Ford Performance seems like a ghost ship just floating around lost. They use Ford Performance to train engineers and managers and have a constant turnover. Over at GM it seems that you hear the same names forever running the performance business. They work until they can no longer operate their walker safely and are then put out to pasture. It is difficult to beat experience with trainees. It appears to me that the CJ program is falling further behind every race. I don't see the extra 12 cubic inches of the next CJ engine solving the problem. I have had little contact with Mike but he was pleasant to deal with. I believe that they need to put a younger person in the job that does not have as many other interests as Mike. Someone with some fire in his gut who want to work seven days a week trying to outrun the competition.

Roland
rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #34
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Isn't it Ford policy not to argue with a _ _ _ _ ? I may not have the correct number of blanks, but you get the picture.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #35
troublemaker427

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT Mustang View Post
Oh rest assured they will. Ford never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
Yup, I've seen it to many times myself....

We all know those "sticker cars" in NASCAR have people running to the dealership to buy rear wheel drive Fusions, right? And that third place for the GT at Lemans makes me want to order a new $400,000 car......

I just bought a 2018 Mustang GT. One of the reasons I bought it is because of how much I like the Factory Showdown cars, mainly the Cobra Jets.

It pisses me off to see the company that started this entire thing in 2008 doing it's best to screw it up. We didn't know how good we had it when Brian Wolfe and Jesse Kershaw were running the show. Remember those good old days?
troublemaker427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #36
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Isn't it Ford policy not to argue with a _ _ _ _ ? I may not have the correct number of blanks, but you get the picture.

Larry,

I'm just looking for answers, I don't believe we've ever met but I highly respect your passion for our sport.

I understand that a few people have made comments that Ford Performance is just trying to sell the new cars. But why did Mike make this promise to the older cars a full year after the new 16's were out. I want to see the 08-12 cars, the ones that started it all and put Ford back in the winners circle be given an equal opportunity. 13 months ago he promised Don Fezell that he would get the RPM rev limiter raised in his computer. 13 months later and nothing, it is just empty promises. Don was one of the first to go fast and pilot the Cobra Jet into the winners circle. He has a considerable amount of time and money into this car just like others. Why shouldn't they have the opportunity as well.

I'm sure the guys that showed up at Gainesville with the 16 cars this year were super happy about Mikes failed promise on the ram air kits. All because Mike didn't do his job and ask NHRA to have them put on the books.

Jim D'Amore