HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
REDGAR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super Street 10.90

Thanks for the advice all. I have been racing some time and have progressed my Corvette to a best of 10.46. Worst weather I have been in the high 70's and 80s. I think the car is there. On the tree I usually deep stage to get the best light. I would think deep staging is not allowed?

I love the follow me to the lanes comment. Funny but I am sure true.

I have been racing some mixed index stuff entering 11.00 class slowing it down so I might be able to handle the 10.90 slow down.

I was bummed about the div 1 at e-town last weekend because I wanted to go but qualifying was Friday only. Since it is all run, can I show up Saturday without qualifying and get in? Not that I would try that but heck it might be the only way to get my feet wet. I might be able to make Atco's 10/3 - 10/5 event.

Can I just show up or do I have to pre register? I think I meet all the requirements already.

If you want to check out the car...I have a small website with pics and video
www.redsledracing.com
REDGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
REDGAR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

By the way, sorry did not properly introduce myself.

Edgar Perez
The forum name is a combination of my name and Red for the the car.

Been bracket racing mostly e-town for about 8 years now. I run the Corvette Challenge there.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #13
REDGAR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just looked at the Atco schedule and looks like I can even enter on Saturday if I cannot make Friday.

http://www.nhradiv1.com/content/gene...161&zoneid=147
Old 09-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #14
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER STREET ROB View Post
After hearing great thins about silver dollar i will be going down there for the lords race in october. It will be a long haul from maryland but it sounds like a really great time. I would like to find out what the schedule is for that weekend so any info would be a great help. Thanks rob
not to get too off subject....however the Silver Dollar divisional was a last minute add on for us last year.....I had just a Runner up at the Virginia Nationals and needed to throw away a race to stay in the top 10 national points last season.....We showed up to the race and HAD A BLAST! They had a BBQ on Friday with Kareoke, were supposed to run a Bracket race in between the divisional.....(had to cancel, cant remember why) ..... and at this last minute race I was able to finish in the Semi Finals

Great Race ALL AROUND......even though I do not need to race Silver Dollar this year....I know my Father has it in his schedule and I believe I will race there also. (just for the great time)
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
GRIGGS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Super Street 10.90

Silver Dollar Raceway.
The absolute best place in the world to hold a drag race. My father Ernie and I love to go there any chance we can. Southern hospitality is the word of the day. From the people at the front gate to the time slips booth, they are always glad to see you. Ed and Dorothy always make us feel like family when we are there. Wish we could race there every weekend. We drive past 2 dragstrips on the way to Reynolds so I consider it my home track. We will be there for the LODRS race and their final race of the year. Maryland is not to far to come race at "The Dollar." Just ask Tommy D.

Later
Mike Griggs; Ocala Tire Service
(Reynold Tire Service?) Ed, just hold that plot of land for me and dad.
GRIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
Ed Swearingen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Ed Swearingen

Thanks, Y'all, but its the racers who make this a great event. I enjoy trying to understand Mr. Tommy D. (he has a funny accent) and usually have to get Chris to translate. The good news for this year is that Mid State RV is again going to do the barbeque and Friday night is going to include the kareoke folks again. We're hoping to have a little more "professional entertainment", but more on that later.

We're looking forward to seeing everybody and I have the "Adjustaflow" ready. Y'all look out in S/ST. I was runner-up in the CSR/Fort Wayne S/ST Series race here last weekend.

Thanks,
Ed and Dorothy

P.S. Mike, we need new tires on the vacuum truck, but we waiting 'til you open Ocala Tire Service North.
Ed Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #17
Sean Ward

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sean Ward

Ed's track is the best place to race and have fun. I don't run in the super classes but i would not miss that race for anything as matter of fact i will not have my car ready for the points meet but i will be there maybe Mr. Swearingen will let me man the mic again cause the last time i was there i broke my car and ended up on the mic doing the stock super stock race they had that weekend I had the time of my life

P.S. thanks again Ed
Sean Ward NHRA s/ss/comp#2882
SW4 MOTORSPORTS
Sean Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #18
Jim Glenn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Redgar-

When I started running S/ST years ago, I used a Moroso Bolt stop that bolts to the carb and stops the carb from opening fully. I went rounds all the time this way, even finished top ten in Div 6 several times this way. You can turn the screw in and out to slow down or speed it up, used a measuring tool and figured out about how much was a hundreth in or out after some testing. The car ran about the same as yours back then 10.40-10.50- I will warn you that this method takes all the mile an hour away.. I went 10.40 at 127, 10.90 at 119 to 120. I had fun with it though.. The Moroso bolt stop then was about $20.00. People used to laugh when I popped the hood in the lanes after sitting for a while and adjusted my bolt stop, but the look on their face when I whacked them afterwards was priceless.

Bad part is, you will go... you will love it... you will have a blast with the other racers... you will get hooked on Div and Natl races...and then....

THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN ELECTRONICS and BIGGER TRAILER and BIGGER HAULER, ETC, ETC....

Sometimes you will look back and go what the hell? But for the most part you will be glad you did it.

My 2 cents..
Old 09-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Come on in the waters fine, my cousins pontiac runs 10.50s and he has no problem hitting the tree or running the #. It will take a few *** whippings to get a handle on how easy it isnt. I didnt win my 1st rd in S/St til the last race of my 1st yr. You wont find a better group of people to hang with but you will be addicted to both the people and the skill it will take to compete esp in D1.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #20
GRIGGS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Super Street 10.90

Um Gary, we aren't to bad in div.2.
Semi's at G'ville. HAHA!!!
Good luck finishing up the year. Wish ya'll could come back down.
L8R.
Griggs S-St 2151
GRIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote