HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-19-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts
Default Fast computer & Data logger Question

I have a original Fast system with external Fast ecu data logger, i am trying to hook up the data logger. I know the arming wire and trigger wire need to be grounded to work. My question is can the trigger wire be hooked up to a momentary switch to ground, or does it need to stay grounded for the entire run for it to log. I called Fast and they could not answer my question, I was told they do not remember on the old system. Thanks in advance Jim.
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #2
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Fast computer & Data logger Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Whitehead View Post
I have a original Fast system with external Fast ecu data logger, i am trying to hook up the data logger. I know the arming wire and trigger wire need to be grounded to work. My question is can the trigger wire be hooked up to a momentary switch to ground, or does it need to stay grounded for the entire run for it to log. I called Fast and they could not answer my question, I was told they do not remember on the old system. Thanks in advance Jim.
Jim, every system I have used logged while the logging switch was "on". At the finish line you turn the switch off, to end log. I guess you could use a button to log while you hold it down.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
Rsmith38

Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Jim they bought the data logger -didn't even make it! Both units obsolete - and no one there can help. I don't have the book available but I never had a momentary switch so a constant ground works. I turned it on at staging and off after finish line. Believe it runs for a 60 second time -
Rsmith38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith38 View Post
Jim they bought the data logger -didn't even make it! Both units obsolete - and no one there can help. I don't have the book available but I never had a momentary switch so a constant ground works. I turned it on at staging and off after finish line. Believe it runs for a 60 second time -
I use the FAST XFI with the internal data logger. I turn the logger on at the I pre-stage light, and back off at the finish line.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
Jim Whitehead

Thanks for the replies guys. I talked to Matt Maxwell at Fast he sent me instructions. I know i can just put it on a toggle to ground but wanted to arm it with one switch and then trigger with another when ready to log. Just thinking i do not need to see all the staging data, or waiting on someone else to stage. Thanks again
Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Smile Re: Fast computer & Data logger Question

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys. I talked to Matt Maxwell at Fast he sent me instructions. I know i can just put it on a toggle to ground but wanted to arm it with one switch and then trigger with another when ready to log. Just thinking i do not need to see all the staging data, or waiting on someone else to stage. Thanks again
Perhaps Jim, but if/when you let the kid/kids drive it, its good to know when crimes of the water box have been committed.....and even if no crime, you can critique the rpms, time, etc....for mine, the girl was the valve spring tester, the boy for some reason had a hard time with race track burnout......not so in the school parking lot.

Eric
Old 03-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #7
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
All you do is set the %TPS & RPM for the logs to start. Don't have to see the burnout, unless you want to. My logs start @6000 RPM, if the TPS is at 100%. MY converter flashes to 6400, so I see everything I need to.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:03 PM   #8
mike britt

Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts

I have the classic FAST and I called them today and they couldn't tell me how to wire the data logger. They did tell me that the diagram for it is in the software in the ecu. I was told to hook up my laptop and there would be a dropdown for wiring schematics.
mike britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #9
Jim Whitehead

Mike I went through the same thing, Call and ask for Matt Maxwell. PM me if you need the Instructions.

Eric my Son Timothy is Driving the Blue Firebird this year. Maybe i Should put a logger in that one also. LOL My son Stephen has schedule conflicts with work.

Ed thanks for the Help. Only problem with Fast Gray box is you need to hook up Arm wire and Trigger wire. I will get it to work. Thanks
Old 03-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #10
Rsmith38

Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

jim as I remember I had the arm as constant and the switch was the trigger. Key on was armed! Until it died after 10 years! Bought the XFI2 with internal logger now.
Rsmith38 is offline   Reply With Quote