HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Cars: Classifieds

Old 03-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default 2010 Factory Cobra Jet number 39

I'm listing the Cobra Jet for Brian Wolfe. Some of you may not know, but Brian was the architect of the Cobra Jet that made its debut in 2008. Brian was in charge of the whole program for Ford. Without Brian's passion for drag racing, the big three may have never come back to drag racing with these new cars. Any question you have please call Brian.

2010 Factory Cobra Jet number 39. This is a 5.4L factory 4.0L Whipple supercharger Cobra Jet build at the Flat Rock Assembly plant (only the 2010 and 2012 Model Year Cobra Jets were built at the Ford factory).

The Motor was built by Holbrook Racing Engines for Super Stock competition as a 2012 MY 4.0L combination. The benefit of this configuration is it can compete as a 2012MY 4.0L blower car, or if the owner chooses the blower can be changed to a 2.3L blower to run other classes (as a 2010 MY or 2012 MY). The 2012 MY 4.0L blower engine along with the 2010MY and 2012MY 2.3L blower engines have the same dished pistons while the 2010 4.0L blower engine has flat tops, thus if the engine would have built as a 2010MY 4.0L blower engine it would have to keep to that single category. More details available to serious buyer.

Other features include, 7.50 cert cage, Kirkey Seats, Big Stuff 3 with DAE and RacePac interface, chassis & shock / strut updates by Team Z Motorsports, and a chute.

The other possibility for this car would be a Factory Showdown, as it has a 7.50 cert cage, Big Stuff 3 and chassis upgrades. The 3 link Cobra Jets have among the best 60 foot times of any of the Show Down cars. So, as opposed to starting from scratch you could install any year showdown engine of your choice and hit the ground running for a fraction of the cost of buying a 2019MY and then updating for Factory Showdown competition.

$59,500..........Call with questions.

Brian

734-788-4026

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote