HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 11-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2013 TNT Super Series Champion - JJ Jablonski !!!

2013 TNT Super Series Champion - JJ Jablonski !!!

Year-end awards to be handed out Saturday November 16 at Johnny Rocco's

Winning any championship in sportsman drag racing is an accomplishment for certain. Winning two titles back-to-back is extremely rare and is the sign of a very talented driver. In the 2013 Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series, that driver is JJ Jablonski out of Alden, New York.

Jablonski's season started off slow. But then a runner up finish in July at Lancaster, followed by a sweep at the St Thomas double in August gave him the points lead.

He gave it back briefly then took it over for good on August 24th and never looked back. A fourth final of 2013 and third event win at Empire in September sealed the deal.

This year saw the closest points battle in TNTSS history with the top ten only separated by 96 points going into the final three races. The season champion wasn't determined until into eliminations of the final race.

"I was nervous coming in here tonight," said Jablonski at the final race of the season. The points title was undecided with Sam LoVetro Jr and Dave Surmatchewski well within striking distance. "They (LoVetro and Surmatchewski) got paired up for first round which meant one would be gone, but it also meant one would make it to round two." It was LoVetro surviving that pairing by a mere 0.001 margin of victory over Surmatchewski.

In round two, Jablonski was up early and got taken out. That left LoVetro having to go to the final to steal the championship. Unfortunately, he went red and Jablonski became the first driver to win multiple TNTSS championships.

"2013 was another great year for me and the points battle was extremely tight," said Jablonski. "I'm proud to say I've been a part of the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series since the beginning."

Jablonski, like many others, feels it's the people in the series that are the difference. "The other drivers and their families are what makes this racing series fun. We race hard on the track and we enjoy ourselves after the race just as much. Every single competitor in this series is capable of winning," he added.

"I'd like to thank my wife Nicole who took over the computer duties this year to put me close to that 7.00 or 10.90. Also, long-time friend Dennis O'Brien who comes to the races as much as his job allows and Jason Vitez, without whom I couldn't race."

Jablonski is always quick to thank his sponsors - Jan Cen Racing Engines, Carl Ettipio, Louie's Car Clinic and Phil's Auto Service. "Also, last but not least, Ted Barnes and Joe Boniferro for all the work and time they put in to give us this series to race," continued Jablonski. "Everyone who has not tried it should come out."

Jablonski's 1967 Nova SS makes over 900 horsepower from a 538 cid power plant. One of the fastest cars in the TNTSS, his Nova runs 10.90 at 151 MPH.

Next up is the 2013 TNTSS Awards Night where the best of the 2013 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series will be celebrated on Saturday November 16th at Johnny Rocco's in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Visit www.tntsuperseries.com to learn more.