HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #21
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
>>>"already have a National Event win."<<<

Not too hard to do when NHRA "awards" you a HP factor that is straight out of the Twilight Zone...

I did not see where John had any heads-up runs. The man flat out drove the car with some pretty good lights and good dialing. Sour grapes is what I hear from you sir.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #22
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

John Calvert is a very good driver. What's that got to do with he fact that his car is seriously under-factored and you're apparently afraid to use your real name when you post? Obfuscation and paranoia is what I hear from you.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
bigshow2966

Talking Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
John Calvert is a very good driver. What's that got to do with he fact that his car is seriously under-factored and you're apparently afraid to use your real name when you post? Obfuscation and paranoia is what I hear from you.
First time out with the car, only car in class, no heads-up runs, pretty good on the tree and dialed very well all through the eliminator that lasted for days.

What's the factor got to do with it at all at this time? It's not like there is any bogus GM factors out there, or any other Ford or Chrysler for that matter. He's already in A/S, where else you want him to go? Will this be the first combination to ever be refactored after the first race?

John did a great job and Mopar is still nowhere to be found. Ford got cars into the hands of real racers, not some worn-out fuel driver who will show the car a couple times and put it in his museum.

Why should I be paranoid? I'm just giving John/Ford their due, unlike you who seems jealous that John got another win.

Dennis Schumers
LaGrange Park, IL
708/254-3761
NHRA #331K

Good enough for ya?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #24
Jim Bailey

Liked 571 Times in 107 Posts
Cool Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Dennis, HEY,Hey,hey, EASY on the worn out old Fuel Drivers!!!! (laughing)
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #25
bigshow2966

Lol!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #26
mike raddish

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Giving big daddy a stock car to race against the nhra stock pros is like taking a bean shooter on a grizzly bear hunt. Absolutely no stock class experience, reactions of a 75 year old and the stamina of a worn out old man. Who thought this would work? Oh i forgot ,the same people that are running ma mopar into the ground. Ford put their reputation along with their factory race cars in the right peoples hands. Is that wrong? Chrysler will take their race car to safety clinics and car shows while Ford kicks everyones butt with the best drivers available. GM is in the same boat as Chrysler. "Hey, lets sit over here in the shade and talk about how good we used to do on Sundays". Ford put their money where their mouth is. The carnage has just begun.
mike raddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #27
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post
>>>>>First time out with the car, only car in class, no heads-up runs, pretty good on the tree and dialed very well all through the eliminator that lasted for days.

Thanks for proving that you actually HAVE a name; people on here don't pay much attention to the posters who don't seem to have one, for whatever reason...

>>>>>What's the factor got to do with it at all at this time?

Nothing. I miss-spoke.
Here's what John ran on one elimination run: E2 ****WINNER**** 0.013..... 10.185..... 112.55

What's wrong with this picture? You tell me... Now, how about that factor?

>>>>> It's not like there is any bogus GM factors out there, or any other Ford or Chrysler for that matter.

We're not talking about Mopars and GM cars; save that for another thread.

>>>>>He's already in A/S, where else you want him to go?

How about Super Stock B? Let those supercharged rockets play among the Hemis where they belong...
They'll end up there, sooner or later, anyway; I'd just as soon it be sooner before they do any more damage to legitimately-factored race cars.

>>>>>Will this be the first combination to ever be refactored after the first race?

NHRA re-factored the NASCAR Hemi before it ever saw a drag strip. They needed to do that with this combination, too.

>>>>>John did a great job

Yeah he actually had ONE RACE on his way to the winners' circle.... ONE. He had four drivers red light against him, one no-show at the line, and one single (bye-run.) I am not taking ANYTHING away from John Calvert, who is one of the most impressive racers I have ever seen row a 4-speed... This isn't about him; he was flawless, but the factor is absurd. 10.18 at 112 mph??? Gimmee a break....

>>>>> and Mopar is still nowhere to be found.

I can't answer for them, and that, again, is not the focus of this discussion between you and me, at least as far as I can tell...

>>>>>Why should I be paranoid? I'm just giving John/Ford their due, unlike you who seems jealous that John got another win.

You shouldn't be paranoid, and apparently you're not. But, you seemed to be, posting under an alias.
I am not in the slightest bit jealous of John Calvert, and will no doubt, buy a set of his ingeniously-configured traction bars from him for my own car, and I wish him nothing but the best in continued success. He is hard core, and does it the old-fashioned way with his '68... who can not respect that?

It's the HP factor on the car he drove this past L-O-N-G weekend that I have a problem with, and how that factor got into the Guide.

>>>>Good enough for ya?
Yuppers; ya dun gud!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #28
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

Maybe it has something about getting money from the FED's and giving it to some old guy to go racing( in the fed's eyes) is not a good idea.only my 2 cents
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #29
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Just a question here. How many of these CJ's were put into so called racers hands/teams. I believe that Mr. Hajek owns some of them and has got some racers driving for him currently. But how many CJ's are out there in racers/teams/owners hands.

Having Don Garlits at the wheel of a Mopar Stocker is a good marketing plan. He will get media attention, regardless of his racing results, and coverage at the shows he appears at.

I personally would love to see all the new factory cars out there running in Stock Eliminator. NHRA has to step up to the plate with their opinion of horsepower ratings, regardless of what any of us think. It would only be proper that they gather alot of information that is becoming available with each race.

Hey, Jim Wahl, get Cadillac to give you one of those XLR's or CTS / CTV's.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Camaros, Challengers, Cobras, oh my
Old 02-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #30
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Unhappy Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Ron,
I just happened to talk to one of the old "heavy hitters" from Cadillac a couple of weeks ago.He said all that was going down the tube. Looks as if the good old days are gone! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote