HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #61
Bart Kilraine

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Your right Dave,but Eds' car had to use the steel intake [so far ]....Lets just call them Shelby crate engines,and assign different H.P.for different heads.LOL
Bart Kilraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #62
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Ken,

Thanks for the rundown on the "Hawkster" cam. I knew that at one time, no cam with specs like that was legal in a '68 C.J., the first year (as you know) for the Cobra Jet cars. If I live to be a thousand years old, I'll never understand how that sort of overt change in specs gets approved by NHRA Tech, when they go ballsitic when somebody like Evan Smith shows up with valves that are the wrong size by mere thousandths of an inch. I realize that there has to be a limit on mechanical "plus-or-minus" specs, but to be THAT demanding on the one hand, and to hand out cams with greatly improved specs (and, yours isn't the only one) seems downright schizoid to me.

But, that's surely not your fault.

I appreciate all the good information!!!

Bill
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #63
Chris Kilraine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave,
Actually, if i am not mistaken, Bill does run different heads depending on the motor he has in.
Chris Kilraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #64
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Anybody know if Don Garlits is bringing the Challenger to Bradenton, FL this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
You, Sir, should have better manners than to slander Don, without him and others like him there would be NO professional drag racing....you would be sitting at home watching your Ford rust in the back yard.....we all would.

Whatever car you race you should have the class to give the founders of our sport their due.

Jim Rountree
You are certainly entitled to your opinion of Garlits. I do not share it.

I drive Mopars, not Fords.

Just sick of Ma Mopar putting the hose to racers, and Mopar racers whining that they are getting screwed by the NHRA.

I was at Vegas 2 years ago when the "SS Package Car" was unveiled. It was a turd then and is still nowhere to be seen.

Ford told us what they were going to do and then did it, in less than a year. Maybe if the Challenger was actually on the track the Fords would have something to worry about.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #65
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Have any other Challenger Drag Pack cars been built or promised to people yet? There were supposed to be 10 or so built per month. I know the Ontario plant was closed for a while, plus the finances of Chrysler are weak, but I wonder if the program will go forward.
HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #66
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ley View Post
Bart ,
All 4 Shelby's in D1 are different . Horensky's 68 uses the Canadian "J " head. Kenny's 67 uses the Dove F5 head . Hawk's 67 uses the Edelbrock small valve head and Adkin's 67 Stick car uses the standard Ford head.
one other 67 combo up for grabs if you ruin these 3 then..Why didn't the Hemi guys think of having this option?
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #67
DonatoEng

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

The second Challenger package car will be delivered early next week. There were more being built when I was there.
DonatoEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #68
Troy Henderson

Liked 106 Times in 33 Posts

What happened to "Big"? Not racing the car now?
Troy Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #69
Kenny Wigington

Liked 60 Times in 12 Posts

I dont know if he's raced it since the Gator's, but he was next to me in the lanes, for rd.1.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #70
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

His header choice sucked. Who's the idiot that wanted 2 1/4" primaries with a 1.60" exhaust valve?