Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-12-2018, 06:43 AM   #31
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts
Default Re: Sad that this is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Suspect they have a bigger legal department now and can demonstrate things they've done to "improve" the class and yet they have a hard time filling the class, and with PS garnering less TV time they will argue they are losing $ on the class, hence the need for a 'refresh' with mountain motors, etc. Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic comes to mind.
Yup Mountain Motors... run whacha brung
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #32
BG56

Liked 274 Times in 100 Posts

If you take all the 'personal' or 'feelings' out of the equation - Tanner will be Champ. (I'd put a coupla sheckles on it)
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #33
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 380 Times in 180 Posts

As he should be, he's the best driver in the class and exactly what all of pro motorsports needs rather than corporate sponsored parakeets.
1320racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:54 PM   #34
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG56 View Post
If you take all the 'personal' or 'feelings' out of the equation - Tanner will be Champ. (I'd put a coupla sheckles on it)
After what I saw yesterday in eliminations, it's hard to disagree with you on that especially since only there's only 8 remaining rounds of competition, and Tanner has 130 pts over Jeg Jr. (136 over Vincent Nobile). I think all Tanner has to do is when 2rnds in 'Vegas, and he'll probably clinch the title (perhaps not even that much)?

At least it appears that he's not being full of himself like he was last year, which is better. However, I am glad that Jason Line kept him out of yesterdays winners circle!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #35
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

Was glad to see Jason finally get a win in the Pro Camaro class, broadcast even talked up the 300th PS win for Camaro, duh? Really? Makes it a bit easier when they legislate competitors to the sidelines. I normally record the Sunday finals on the off chance they actually show a few runs that interest me but of course PS gets far less coverage than interviews of Todd, Force and Schumacher teams. The segment on Jason’s career was cool. Also from the linked article it appears NHRA has abandoned the Mountain Motor experiment so it would seem they have to announce some changes for 2019; perhaps some sort of event rotation between Pro Mod, PS and FS. MUCH better watch FS than PS, sevens on a 9 inch tire is amazing (Kevin is the man BTW). If I see one more plug for how much a driver owes success to a Chevy or Toyota in their fuel car I will probably barf. MJ is right, John Force, Don Schumacher, Keith Black and Connie Kalitta say they’re too old for this crap the big tent will probably fold.

https://www.competitionplus.com/drag...-for-pro-stock

Last edited by jmcarter; 10-16-2018 at 07:55 AM.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #36
Craig Dawson

Liked 77 Times in 18 Posts

Did anyone notice? 300th win for Camaro with Jenkins winning the inaugural NHRA Pro Stock race in 1970 with a Vega. Had to play it back twice to make sure I heard it right. Wonder where they got their stats from.
Craig Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #37
George Fitzpatrick

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Dawson View Post
Did anyone notice? 300th win for Camaro with Jenkins winning the inaugural NHRA Pro Stock race in 1970 with a Vega. Had to play it back twice to make sure I heard it right. Wonder where they got their stats from.
The inaugural Prostock win was in a 69 Camaro. He won with the Vega in 72 and changed everything in prostock
Old 10-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #38
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Dawson View Post
On the broadcast they showed the exact stats by Model, I deleted it but will record their “encore” show and capture a screen print because it is pretty interesting. May try to email Lewis Bloom since he will no doubt have the complete list. Whatever Mad Dog ran has to be on the tally, always a MOPAR guy but Bob was always my favorite. As I recall Vega had a good number and don’t recall Shepherd ever running one so guess Grumpy (with Lombardo) had quite a few. This is where the GM fans can jump in and correct me.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #39
Craig Dawson

Liked 77 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Fitzpatrick View Post
The inaugural Prostock win was in a 69 Camaro. He won with the Vega in 72 and changed everything in prostock
Exactly! The Vega wasn't released to the public until 71 anyway if memory serves me right.
Craig Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #40
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Fitzpatrick View Post
If you are talking about the first NHRA pro stock win it was Da Grump in a "1968" Camaro at Pomona in 1970. Then it was the "1968"car again in Gainesville Fla. that same year for the 2nd NHRA win. .
Dave Strickler of "Old Reliable" fame drove the "1969" Camaro a lot later on but never won a major NHRA event with it. .

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 10-16-2018 at 06:10 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote