HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

One person interviewed, think it was Charles Krauthamer, said three things were involved in the murder spree. One was the gun, Two was the psychiatric problem of the person and the other his response to his family and life environment.
There definitely needs to be a more efficient way of identifying and tracking persons with the problems which allow them to be more prone to create these disasters.
Sex predators are branded, observed and followed closely. Why not similar for major personality disorders? My car is followed, my phone is followed, my driving habits recorded. If someone demonstrates these behavior risks why not monitor them more closely?
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #12
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Absolutely!

Most of these type of tragedies are caused by people who are known to have issues.

Another common thread is the age range of these crazies. teen through mid 20's...

But look how the liberals respond! They immediately politicize it, and make it all about the guns.

The guns do beg a question though. Who allowed this guy access to these weapons? I don't think very many of the weapons used in these situations actually belong to the perpetrator.

Responsible gun owners would go a long way towards slowing this down this kind of thing.

But when guns are illegal, only criminals will have guns. And the crime rate drop of concealed carry guns is proof that criminals understand that if the possibilty exists that a potential victim might have a gun, is a deterrent.

Gun confiscation (also known as gun control) is NOT a good answer.

Pray for the families of those affected/

David
The New hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Odds are, the information is wrong. Consider that his mother was a teacher, or something of that ilk, who ended her marriage, and her career, and tried to care full time for a "child" that was obviously mentally ill far beyond her ability to care for him. How likely is it that she legally owned at least two high capacity 9MM handguns? Never mind that the current claim is that there was an M4 carbine in the trunk of her car at the school. She couldn't possibly legally possess an M4 carbine as a Connecticut resident.

You're trusting the same media that falsely accused the killer's brother who had not seen him in 2 years.

The people to blame are the idiots who have done everything possible to close mental institutions, and make it impossible to commit the psychotic/sociopathic/parnoid schizophrenic among us. Those idiots are responsible for the spree killers in the vast majority of cases, and for the majority of the homeless.
Alan your point is well made here. Logic does not fit to those in charge anymore.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris ok View Post
Alan your point is well made here. Logic does not fit to those in charge anymore.
Very saddened about this event. Prayers and sympathies to ALL involved...especially
the familes who lost loved ones....can't imagine the grief they're feeling...I'm a parent
myself....

Think you're gonna see increased gun control (hopefully some ACTION instead of the
usual RHETORIC!) Gotta do something...too MUCH of this going on...lately...VT..
Columbine...Aurora...

Don't own a gun...don't need one...haven't shot one since Boy Scout camp...(.22 rifle)

Not to divert attention away from Sandy Hook...but what about the guy shooting in a
HOSPITAL of all places? And the 50 rounds spent in the mall parking lot by some
nut the other day? What is going on?

Don't have time for debate guys...but this is my .02 worth.....

Heard a chilling statistic on the radio the other day...since about the JFK assas-
ination to present, there have been about 400,000+ deaths due to gun violence
here in the US....

Remember the 6th Commandment!
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,042 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss wannabee View Post
Very saddened about this event. Prayers and sympathies to ALL involved...especially
the familes who lost loved ones....can't imagine the grief they're feeling...I'm a parent
myself....

Think you're gonna see increased gun control (hopefully some ACTION instead of the
Columbine...Aurora...

Don't own a gun...don't need one...haven't shot one since Boy Scout camp...(.22 rifle)

Not to divert attention away from Sandy Hook...but what about the guy shooting in a

Heard a chilling statistic on the radio the other day...since about the JFK assas-
here in the US....

The killer did not legally own or possess any of the weapons used.

Paranoid schyzophrenia, or a related illness, left untreated, and allowed to roam free, killed those people.

And yet you want to take my lawfully owned guns, punishing me for the actions of a mad man, and taking from me the means to defend myself and others from evil and madness.

You want to quote the Bible, and at the same time, punish and disarm the innocent for the actions of a mad man. Did you even read the Bible? Is there any part of the Bible where disarming and punishing the innocent is even suggested by God or a disciple?

You do not want to know what I think of you or your two cents worth.

Last edited by Alan Roehrich; 12-16-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Alan Roehrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,042 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
myself....

Columbine...Aurora...

here in the US....

The more I think about the mindless drivel you posted, and the lack of common sense and logic behind it, the more it disgusts me.

Here is a chilling statistic for you, genius. Columbine, VA Tech, Sandy Hook, and the Colorado theater. What do they all have in common? They are all gun free zones where sadistic mad men illegally carried guns, and used them to slaughter around 100 unarmed innocent victims. Tell me, how did gun control work out for those victims?

Let's go ahead and add Fort Hood, where we disarmed men and women who serve this nation in our amred forces, and a lunatic Muslim extremist killed 13 of them. How did gun control work out for those victims?

Here's another chilling statistic for you. Around 90% of all murders involving firearms are committed by people who possess firearms illegally. Tell me, how did gun control work out for those victims?

You blame guns, and say absolutely nothing of the millions of mentally ill people allowed to roam free in this nation. In fact, liberal policies preventing the mentally ill from being treated against their wishes or being confined doom those mentally ill people to wander this nation untreated, being a serious danger to themselves and others.

Oh, yeah, another flaw in your logic. Timothy McVeigh. There is a mad man who killed around a hundred victims, in a gun free zone, including preschool children, and never fired a shot.

You decry rhetoric, while spewing nothing but mindless rhetoric. Good job.

Gun control. It's a great idea. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao were all firm believers. Those people were not big fans of the Bible, either.

Jesus once asked a follower if he owned a weapon, and upon finding the follower did not, advised his follower to go and sell his cloak to buy a weapon.

Go ahead, quote the Bible and propose to disarm the law abiding citizen. It clearly demonstrates youir complete and utter lack of knowledge, common sense, and logic on the subject at hand.

You are right though, you don't need a gun, you don't have the common sense needed to own one. Better for you to sit back and demand someone else carry a gun and risk their life to protect you while demand the law abiding be disarmed.

Angry? You're damned right I'm angry, you propose to punish and disarm me for the actions of a mad man. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Alan Roehrich; 12-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Alan Roehrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
myself....

Columbine...Aurora...

here in the US....

I know, you don't have time for debate...or common sense and reality either, apparently.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/12...-the-increase/
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Can we give this a break and maybe turn our energies toward the loss and the people it has affected. I find it a little ghoulish to talk politics and our "God given rights" when families are grieving and the first are not even in their graves.

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Rachel D'Avino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, 47
Jesse Lewis, 6
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Daniel Barden, 7
Josephine Gay, 7
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
James Mattioli, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6

God bless them all!

Last edited by Eddies66; 12-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
The more I think about the mindless drivel you posted, and the lack of common sense and logic behind it, the more it disgusts me.

Here is a chilling statistic for you, genius. Columbine, VA Tech, Sandy Hook, and the Colorado theater. What do they all have in common? They are all gun free zones where sadistic mad men illegally carried guns, and used them to slaughter around 100 unarmed innocent victims. Tell me, how did gun control work out for those victims?

Let's go ahead and add Fort Hood, where we disarmed men and women who serve this nation in our amred forces, and a lunatic Muslim extremist killed 13 of them. How did gun control work out for those victims?

Here's another chilling statistic for you. Around 90% of all murders involving firearms are committed by people who possess firearms illegally. Tell me, how did gun control work out for those victims?

You blame guns, and say absolutely nothing of the millions of mentally ill people allowed to roam free in this nation. In fact, liberal policies preventing the mentally ill from being treated against their wishes or being confined doom those mentally ill people to wander this nation untreated, being a serious danger to themselves and others.

Oh, yeah, another flaw in your logic. Timothy McVeigh. There is a mad man who killed around a hundred victims, in a gun free zone, including preschool children, and never fired a shot.

You decry rhetoric, while spewing nothing but mindless rhetoric. Good job.

Gun control. It's a great idea. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao were all firm believers. Those people were not big fans of the Bible, either.

Jesus once asked a follower if he owned a weapon, and upon finding the follower did not, advised his follower to go and sell his cloak to buy a weapon.

Go ahead, quote the Bible and propose to disarm the law abiding citizen. It clearly demonstrates youir complete and utter lack of knowledge, common sense, and logic on the subject at hand.

You are right though, you don't need a gun, you don't have the common sense needed to own one. Better for you to sit back and demand someone else carry a gun and risk their life to protect you while demand the law abiding be disarmed.

Angry? You're damned right I'm angry, you propose to punish and disarm me for the actions of a mad man. Good luck with that.
X's a million on these statements. This is the most responsible and sane response I have ever read on this forum no matter what the subject. Way to go Alan. Ct. has some of the toughest gun laws in existance in our nation yet they didnt help these poor children and teachers. Why would a mother take a son with as many problems as he had to a gun range to practice in the first place ? Why would she own such weapons as a school teacher and not have them secured ? How did the mother have an AR-15 in her home in the first place when Ct. still bans them from back in the Clinton era ? Someting smells and its not the BS coming from gun haters because of this terrible happening. It starts at home. Why do parents hide and protect their children when its clear thay they need professional help ? This insane person shot his own mother 4 or 5 time in the head before going to where media said she worked. Now we hear she never worked at Sandy Hook. What kind of an animal would kill their own mother then perforem this awful deed ? Why allow all of these killing video games to be played by young children and nuts like this. He dropped out of college and had no friends. Couldnt get along with fellow school mates before he dropped out. Stayed home and watch those awful video games before flipping out. Dosent anyone see that those like this who should be cared for by a mental facillity and recieve help. Yeah....tough guns laws really helped these poor people as in most other cases like this. If Im not mistaken 100% of the acts like these have been done by deranged individuals. How in the hell do they get their hands on weapns in the first place ?
Should we ban cars, airplanes, baseball bats, etc.? Cars accidents kill more adults and children yet we still look the other way with drunk driving. How many have been arrested for DUI yet walk free and get caught again and again ?

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 12-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #20
M&M Motorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This from another site!
…..and is very likely the reason no more were killed.

Why isn’t this front page news?

by Mike Benner
NWCN.com
Posted on December 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

PORTLAND, Ore ... Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.

"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?'"

The friend and baby hit the floor. Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.

"He was working on his rifle," said Meli. "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

"As I was going down to pull I saw someone in the back of the charlotte move and I knew if I fired and missed I could hit them."

Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.

"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.

"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli. "It just bothers me."
M&M Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote