HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Exclamation Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

Hug your kids,family members whatever tonite just might be the last time ----boy what a jolt what are people thinking!!! ----too many crazies running around ---- 27 people mostly kids from kindergarten to 4th grade -----wow---- I'm crying as I write this--my heartfelt condolences to the victims families what can anybody possibly say to these parents???
FED 387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

It's doubly sad that such young children are the victims, such a horrible day for the Country and mostly for those families that will never celebrate Christmas together ever again.

Sad

JimR
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My Facebook response:

Like all parents and grandparents, I am horrified, outraged and heartbroken at the news of today’s senseless shooting spree. But unlike most people in this country, my view is a little different. You see I am a realist. I try to see the world as it is, not how it is advertised. Now we're gonna hear about how we need more gun control laws and how certain weapons should be made unlawful to own. I personally do not own a gun. However I believe it is the right of every red blooded American to own one. But here is the reality of owning a firearm. If you own a pitbull and that dog gets out of your yard and kills a neighbor's child YOU should be held responsible.... for the civil and criminal consequences. Gun ownership brings with it no less responsibility. The person who acquired, owned or registered the weapon used in this senseless tragedy is the responsible individual and should be prosecuted for the murder of 6 adults and 20 children. He or she is the one who failed to meet his/her obligations by failing to secure the weapon. He or she alone is the individual that allowed the pitbull to get loose and commit this unthinkable crime. I hear the rhetoric and the spin from the NRA and the Constitutional sabre rattlers about the right to own a firearm and frankly I agree. But it is the lack of acceptance of the responsibility that comes with that right that troubles me.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Angry Re: Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

There you go, common sense again, You just hit the nail on the head, To bad it won't happen that way, but your correct!!!!!!!!!!!!
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts

The registered owner of the firearms has already paid the ultimate price for their complicity in this tragedy.
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

This is the unthinkable. My wife has several years experience teaching kindergarten,and there is no way to be adequately prepard for something like this. I'm sympathetic to gun owners,being one myself, but I'm also a parent as well.This whole event underscores the absolute existance of the forces of evil.
It's not necessarily the gun that did it, it's the depraved tweaked little perverted mind that did it thats at fault.He could have used a baseball bat, a knife, an explosive device, whatever, but the cause of this whole thing was embedded deep into his sick mind. They won't be able to get that dark secret out now,since he's dead,never to kill again.It's a sad thing when most decent people need to keep a gun for personal protection.Let's face it, the law abiding gun owner and his weaponry never make the news, nobody has to hear about what doesn't happen.I will never surrender a firearm,either a home or personal defense gun,or a collectible, because I won't be left defenseless. Also, in the case of rare historical collectibles, I would never allow some liberal politician to confiscate for destruction those artifacts just to sooth his power and control trip driven by his political egomania.
I don't know why bad things happen to good people.If I discover this eternal secret, I'll write a book that will help a lot of good people understand life a lot better. A hundred years ago, when things were a lot more rural(not exactly more safe,however), a circuit riding preacher finished a week long series of meetings in a local church and was preparing to leave to go to his next assignment. He had finished a message telling his flock that nobody leaves this life until God is finished with them on earth. As he left, someone noticed a large revolver in a holster under his coat and asked him why he would ever need that. His response was classic-"I got this in case I meet some varmint whose time is up!".
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,035 Times in 271 Posts

Odds are, the information is wrong. Consider that his mother was a teacher, or something of that ilk, who ended her marriage, and her career, and tried to care full time for a "child" that was obviously mentally ill far beyond her ability to care for him. How likely is it that she legally owned at least two high capacity 9MM handguns? Never mind that the current claim is that there was an M4 carbine in the trunk of her car at the school. She couldn't possibly legally possess an M4 carbine as a Connecticut resident.

You're trusting the same media that falsely accused the killer's brother who had not seen him in 2 years.

The people to blame are the idiots who have done everything possible to close mental institutions, and make it impossible to commit the psychotic/sociopathic/parnoid schizophrenic among us. Those idiots are responsible for the spree killers in the vast majority of cases, and for the majority of the homeless.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Connecticut Massacre !!!!!

Alan it gives me great hope for this country when people counteract the network news media with the absolute truth. You did just that exactly.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts

I cannot imagine how those people are feeling at this time. Since it is this close to Christmas, a wonderful time of year, the pain must be extreme. This type of incident should never happen, especially at this time of year. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the people in the small community and hope that the healing will start as soon as possible.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

Did anyone here about this? This was destined to be another tragedy, but someone stepped up and said something.

Oklahoma teen arrested in school shooting plot

by Associated Press

Posted on December 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) -- Hours before a gunman opened fire at a Connecticut elementary school, police in Oklahoma arrested a teenager for allegedly plotting to attack his high school and trying to recruit classmates to help him.

Police in Bartlesville, a community about 40 miles north of Tulsa, arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez shortly before 5 a.m. Friday on charges of conspiring to cause serious bodily harm or death. He remained in Washington County Jail on Saturday on $1 million bond, and he is due in court Jan. 11.

Court documents didn't list an attorney for Chavez, and calls to a number listed in court documents as his reached a recorded message saying the line wasn't available.

Layne Jones, an assistant principal at the school, alerted police to the alleged plot on Thursday, according to a probable cause statement. A student told authorities that Chavez had tried to "recruit other students to assist him with carrying out a plan to lure students into the school auditorium where he planned to begin shooting them after chaining the doors shut," police said.

"Sammie tried to recruit other students to assist him with carrying out a plan to lure students into the school auditorium where he planned to begin shooting them after chaining the doors shut," Bartlesville Police Lt. Kevin Ickleberry wrote in the affidavit.

Chavez told the students he planned to place bombs at the doors that he'd detonate when police arrived, and he threatened to kill students who didn't want to join him, police wrote.

Investigators said Chavez told a teacher earlier this month that he had bought a .45-caliber gun and had been learning to shoot it. Also, the affidavit said Chavez had been trying to obtain a diagram of school facilities and had used a school computer to seek information on a .22-caliber rifle that could be mounted on a machine gun platform.

Students said they saw Chavez researching the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, in which 12 Colorado students and a teacher were murdered by two students who also died.

The district alerted parents and faculty by email around noon on Friday that it had investigated a "potential incident" Thursday and forwarded the information to the police department, which dealt with it appropriately. News was still trickling out about the attack in Newtown, Conn., in which a gunman forced his way into an elementary school and killed 20 children, all ages 6 or 7, and six adults before killing himself.

Superintendent Gary Quinn, in a news release, credited administrators' quick action in following up on what he said had been unsubstantiated rumor and presenting their findings to the authorities.

"We appreciate the excellent relationship we have with our local law enforcement and their swift response to the information we provided them. We will always put the safety of the students of the Bartlesville Public School District first and foremost."
print
Email this article
|