HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts
Default Sandy Hook Tragedy

Thoughts and prayers for those affected by the unthinkable situation in Newtown, Ct.
Feels the way 9/11 felt
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Doug Blackley

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Sandy Hook Tragedy

In some ways worse. That a-hole went after the most innocent of our society and during a time of year when kids thoughts should be full of anticipation of a visit from Santa. It's hard to think of all the unopened presents and the enormous void left the families lives. Kids should never have to experience what was done yesterday.
Thoughts and prayers are with not only the families but also everyone effected by this including those responders who had to see the horror that unfolded there.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts
Default Re: Sandy Hook Tragedy

Saw father Robbie Parker, whose 6 year old Emilie was a victim, reach out to the shooters family. He said he can`t imagine what they are going through.
Its a powerful message of forgiveness.
Glad the healing process is underway.
Hope they can all move forward quickly.
Godspeed
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
budgetracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: Sandy Hook Tragedy

Made me sick to my stomach. Absolutely one of the worse days of all our lifes. I wonder if posting a police officer at every school would help. I pray something can be done so it never happens again. Many children want to grow up and be some sort of law enforcement or fire fighters. The police precense would be a great influence. When I was in high school back in the late 70's and 80 we had a police man with his own office at school. My family became good friends with him. He would eat lunch with me and my brother at work. We loved him dearly. my father was a cop as well as my uncle. It takes very special people to work with kids. My school was blessed because of this cop, I;m no professional about what the answer is but I think police presence is GREAT!
budgetracer is offline   Reply With Quote