Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 699 Times in 203 Posts
Default Re: Deserves its own Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOR REAL View Post
I can not take this.my dad always says you have to spend cash to make cash.will not waste my time if its not a BIG pay out.yea lets pay 25.00 to win 100.00. **** that.200.00 per day to get in.
X2 ........We pay more than that for NHRA and crap track! .....Tom
Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #12
FOR REAL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well i did want to say 300.00 but am shore my screen would water up.
FOR REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #13
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't have a problem with big entry as long as it's big purse.
100.00 entry 5000.00 to win
200.00 entry 10,000.00 to win
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

We are entering our eigth season with our NESSA (Northeast Super Street Assoc.) program which has grown each year. The car counts increase every year. It is affordable, fun and very competitive. I have tried two day events however the car counts were not engough to continue. That being said I have set the schedule for this year as one day events which are held on Saturdays only. If there is enough interest in the two day events I will be glad to entertain the idea once again. Many of the NESSA racers like to run our event on Saturday and bracket race on Sunday for the track points. I think seeing many of these small associations cropping up are a good thing. Especially through these tough times when many racers cannot afford to make the divisional or national tour. All you need is a track to work with you and you are set. LVD has been very supportive to us over the years which has contributed to our success. Anyone interested in our program or just running our events, come on up or over. You do not have to be a member to run our events. Check out our website at www.nessaracing.com.
Contact me anytime if you have questions.
Lets keep the sport strong!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
NED890

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The problem you have with super class racers. Is that if theres not a little gold man going to the winner. They wont spend the money to race for some real money. They would rather spend $175 to race for $1500 and spend three days at the track for one race. When they could spend $100 to $200 and race for some real money and have 3 races in one weekend. With a chance to go home with some good money.
NED890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
NED890

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The other problem you have is that you need 80 to 100 cars in each class to make the payout match a mitchell race. If you go to a mitchell race at atco you only see 10 to 15 super comp racers there. Why is that no little man but theres good money and they still wont come. So i dont think you can draw the car count you need to make the payout good.
NED890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Deserves its own Thread

I guess its another one of those things that seem to be only good in theory.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #18
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 983 Times in 299 Posts

Gary,
It is a good theory and always sounds good on paper. I mean the way Atco is able to pay out the payouts during the Mitchell and Stalba races is the "buybacks" after 1st round and the money the sponsors put up. I mean if there was a way Jim could pitch the theory to someone like Jegs or PC Richards or another big company about what he wants to do it may work. This way you kind of keep the entry fee's down and more low-buck racers will be able to afford it and show up. The sad part is Super Gas only draws 60 to 70 cars per D-1 Race and National Events on the East Coast (The rest of the field is D-2 or D-3 Cars) and A LOT of S/G drivers have sold their cars for Dragsters cause they can Bracket Race and S/C race and be competitive in both classes. I mean I know it's only a National Open and this year they did away with points and it's way early in the year for people to be ready but there was 30 S/G cars at Atco and not many more S/C and Super Street Cars. Now it's either a sign that people are getting tired of NHRA or are just finding better things to do with there money. I hope Jim can work something out and something comes from this but, everyone needs to be on board and riding the same train.
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #19
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Just for curiousity's sake, is there a normal, or acceptable entry vs payout ratio? 15:1? ($1,500 win for $100 entry). More? I've read where people have said they "won't leave the house for anything less than $2,500 to win", in regards to big money bracket races. The only bad thing about most of those races, you basically need to get down to 4-8 cars left to really make it worthwhile. I think the WFC at Bristol one year, you needed to go, or win, I forget, six rounds just to get your entry fee back. I think it would suck to drive your *** off for six rounds, lose a close race or have something happen to the car/track, lose, and *maybe* get just your entry back.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #20
tboyle1655

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You all make good points. I'll never be able to figure out why racers will spent 3 days sitting around waiting, when they can go for 2 days and RACE. That is the big difference between a Divisional and a Super Comp Circuit race. Money, a "Wally", whatever, do you want to race or not? My apologies to those who think this is a plug, but if the racers would quit moaning and groaning about the NHRA and join the different associations for SC, SG,SST, and go to their races,,they will grow into exactly what everyone wants. I can only speak for the Super Comp Circuit, but we use to average 32 cars at a race, pay $1000. to the winner and still pay $25 to second rd. loser. Racing was every bit as competitive as any Div. 1 race because it was the same poeple and everyone (well almost everyone) got to know each other and was much more enjoyable than the 3 day deal. Racing is supposed to be fun and you can't keep everyone happy all the time. If you want the big money, get out of .90 racing. The tracks will deal with you IF you become big enough. About the 6th or 7th year of our Circuit we started getting over 30 cars at a race and Joe Sway (#1 guy in my book) came to me and gave me $100 to put into the payout and told me that any time we had over 30 cars he would do that. I then went to Cheap-*** Maple Grove, where our other Circuit races were held and shamed them into doing the same. My point is: Join you associations, make them strong, and you can accomplish alot. Just talking about it will not do anything. Sorry for being long winded and offending anyone.. Rob and NED890, you hit the nail on the head. Tom Boyle.
tboyle1655 is offline   Reply With Quote