HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events

Old 04-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Default Any interest in a S/SS combo at Interstate Dragways?

Would there be any interest in having a race at Interstate some time this year? The track is under new ownership. I have contacted the new owner and he is very open to any one that wants to run a special class. Basically we pay $40 track fee per car and run the combo however we see fit. Sound like it could be run either Saturday, Sunday or both if we wish.

There website also shows that they will have test and tunes on Friday afternoons of the weeks they are running. $1000 guaranteed jackpot race on Saturdays. Sundays if you go out 1st or 2nd round you can enter the rehab race ($30 jackpot 80% payback) There is no longer any silver bullets (their version of buybacks)
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
JRyan

Liked 101 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Any interest in a S/SS combo at Interstate Dragways?

I know I'd be interested. Travis Sorokie was talking with him as well. I don't know if Travis has talked to anyone over in his area on how interested they are. If we could find a good weekend with little conflict I think we could have a good turnout. I'm sure we'd have our two plus a couple others from this area.
Anything I can do to help let me know.

Rick Ryan
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
5919 SSKA

Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts

The ball is already rollin' on this, as I've been working on this for a few weeks now. The new owner of Interstate Dragways just got back to me this week. We tossed a few ideas back and forth, and I'm up to the task of organizing this...but, I will need the help and support of ALL my fellow S/SS racers in, around, near or far from the track to pull off the quality show I know we can provide.

The date----July 24-26. Interstate Dragway's Hayshaker Nationals. This date was chosen on several factors--The track didn't want this event held on one of there already bigger weekends planned (Jr. Dragster Challenge, National Dragster Challenge, or King of the Track). Then looking at local schedule's NHRA Division 5, National Events, Club races, that is the best date. A little tune up before the Lucas Oil Nationals perhaps you could look at it as.

Let me give a brief recap of what has been thrown out---- I requested that the track take somewhere between $20-$25 per/entry (as is done with most USA/MidWest Classracer Events) held at other area tracks. I'd like to keep the entry fee under $100 per/day.
This will be a 2-day event, with a T-n-T on Friday evening if you would like a few extra hits.

NHRA/IHRA Stock, Super Stock, Comp (dial-in) would be allowed. Qualify of your respected index. Sportsman laddar Sat./Pro laddar Sun. We would be allowed 2-3 qualifying runs (weather/breakage) dependent. If the scales are working we will have heads-up runs, if not...we will leave it up to the driver's.

I've already been in contact with a couple of businesses to see if they would be willing to add to our purse. We will pay out in full after each days event. I ask for the help/support of both USA & MidWest Classracer's for this event. Weather you chose to contribute to the purse from your club funds, or just by showing your support with your car. I have another fund raising idea I'm currently working on----just waiting for the OK to move forward.

I believe if we get the word out we can get between 20-32 cars ( I would hope). Any more would be a bonus. Let's help get the word out on this event. The more cars the higher the payout!!!

Please let me know on this thread if you would support such an event so I know my efforts will not go to waste. I just would like to get a rough idea of car count.

The only 'hickup' is a 1-day (Saturday) event at BIR. Which typically only draws 14-20 cars on average. I think by holding a 2-Day Event for a higher purse, those S/SS racers in the Cities and from the Iron Range would head to Fargo.

BTW---This is Interstate Dragways 50th Season!!! Congrats on that!!!

Questions/Comments----post them here or send me an email at oldhabits5939@charter.net

If this needs to be moved to a different forum, please do so---I don't know how and was only responding.

Last edited by 5919 SSKA; 04-17-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: added comment
5919 SSKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Sounds good If you need any help let me know.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
5919 SSKA

The date HAS BEEN SET!

July 24 (T-n-T), July 25-26 Stock/Super Stock Combo at Interstate Dragways!!! Let's make this work gang!

In the next week or so, expect some more details and some phone calls from me for a little help...

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
corky

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Re: Any interest in a S/SS combo at Interstate Dragways?

I 'm in,Just got the car started today. Lots of gremlins!!!!Corky
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
5919 SSKA

This event is STILL on, and gaining support from several area racers!!! If you have any questions, please let me know.

Test-n-Tune Friday July 24---2:30pm til dusk.

Sat. July 25 S/SS Combo---3 Q runs starting at 10am. Elim. at 2pm. Pot-Luck dinner in my pit area after the event. Plus---Ron "the Professor" Zenzen Birthday Bash!!!

Sun. July 26 S/SS Combo---3 Q runs starting at 10am. Elim at 2pm.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
corky

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Can we get in the gate inthe late night , I have a family wedding in Huron Friday at 7:00 . I plan going to the track as soon as I can get out of the recptn. ,with out getting KILLED by the family. Corky
Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
5919 SSKA

Gates are open 24/7 for the most part. You can park anywhere on the grounds as long as it's not in front of a Reserved Power pole spot. There are a couple other racer's coming up on Thursday afternoon that I know of. Just buy your racer/crew entry the following day.

I heard a few S/SS racer's were there this past weekend looking things over. Namly Gus Pflipich, Allan Messer, and Glen DeMenge with his NEW Camaro. Some said the starting line was a tad greasy...but several bracket racer's I spoke with said it was KILLER....guess you will have that.

The track will be scrapped, prepped, and traction compound applied for us to put on a show. All we have to do is SHOW UP!

If you have more questions, please just post them here....I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

THANKS!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #10
corky

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Looking to have a good time on the 25/26 . I hope the rain will stay east. If it rains I will buy MJ tunes for Glen and Play Them All Night Long. Corky

Last edited by corky; 07-20-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Not MY To be MJ