HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 05-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jason Vitez wins TNT Super Series & takes early points lead!

Jason Vitez wins TNT Super Series and takes early points lead

29 cars for season opener at Empire Dragway!

Steve's Electric out of Phelps, NY powered the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series at Empire Dragway this past Saturday to an awesome season opener.

Twenty-nine of the best sportsman drag racers in the northeast came out to do battle with Steve McCarrick earning the #1 qualifier award with a 10.901. But when eliminations began, it was Jason Vitez from Elma, NY who emerged as victor.

Vitez qualified 7th with a 10.916 and defeated Kirk Parry in a tight .009 MOV first round match up. In round two, he overcame a starting line disadvantage (.535 to .517) to take out Chris VanBaalen with a near perfect 10.904.

Vitez then laid a .514 10.923 package down to eliminate Eric Macchiaroli's .542 10.911 in the quarter-finals. The semi's saw Vitez come from behind (.511 to .505) and beat Jason Oldfield in a double breakout 10.890 to 10.830.

That set him up for the final where he would face former TNTSS champion Ted Barnes. Both drivers were almost even at the start (Barnes .532 to Vitez .536) but Barnes couldn't hold off the hard charging Camaro of Vitez who ran a 10.907 to Barnes' 10.924 to take the win and the championship points lead.

This win is Vitez's third in TNTSS competition and improves his starting spot in the REVS Full Throttle Powersports Race of Champions coming up in September.

"Like always, a special thanks to Joe and Moe Passero," said Vitez. "Without them, this is not possible. Borrowing a great race car and doing as well as we did is amazing."

Vitez's son Zachary also won that day at Empire in the junior dragster class.

"It was probably one of the best wins of my life having him win the same day as me. It's always been a thought of mine but now it's reality. I can't say enough about a little boy that has learned so much in such a short time. He is a great inspiration and a great racer with many great years ahead of him...also a great crew chief!"

Vitez was quick to thank his wife Kimberly along with Brooke and Logan for being good sports and supporting them while they are out doing what they like. "I want to thank Steve's Electric for sponsoring the race and Ted Barnes and Joe's Transmission for all their hard work and dedication to put this series on," he added. "It's a great series to be part of."

"And I can't forget to thank all the boys back at the shop!" Sponsors on the 1968 Camaro include Rosehill Auction House and Jason Vitez Race Cars.

The Friday May 23rd TNTSS race at Elegant Builders Raceway Park was cancelled due to rain and will be re-scheduled. Stay close to http://www.tntsuperseries.com for updates and for all the latest news on the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country. Next up is a double at Cayuga Dragway on June 7-8th.

Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series - Championship Points Standings (Race 1 of 10)
1 Jason Vitez 125
2 Steve McCarrick 92
3 Harris Phelps 92
4 Ted Barnes 82
5 Jason Oldfield 80
6 Gary Kerl 72
7 Jeff Sobczynski 70
8 Harry Phelps 68
9 Jerry Stoutenberg 66
10 Mark Glomb 64