HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 08-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Dragster chassis types pros and cons

If you have ever seen a TAD shaking the tires you would understand why no one tried a suspended car.(They some times shake hard enough to knock out the driver temporarly!)
The comments that Chris has offered are correct for TD/SC where consistency is king!
But if you study the comp eliminator dragsters they are interested in all out performance and don't use suspensions because of the weight they also use the smallest rear tire possible to reduce rotating weight and are willing to give up some consistency for all out performance.
Since their class are weight per CI they try to get to the class minimum which is several hundred pounds less that your typical 1800-2000# S/C dragster.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
offroadr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
If you have ever seen a TAD shaking the tires you would understand why no one tried a suspended car.(They some times shake hard enough to knock out the driver temporarly!)
The comments that Chris has offered are correct for TD/SC where consistency is king!
But if you study the comp eliminator dragsters they are interested in all out performance and don't use suspensions because of the weight they also use the smallest rear tire possible to reduce rotating weight and are willing to give up some consistency for all out performance.
Since their class are weight per CI they try to get to the class minimum which is several hundred pounds less that your typical 1800-2000# S/C dragster.
Shook the TD car bad enough this year to break the battery, battery box, wheelie bars, wing, and rear end

When we ran comp we had a Boz C/ED and then a Clack B/ED so I know a little about them.
offroadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Offroadr

I guess this brings up the question is there a limit to horse power you put to the track in a suspended car frankly I don't know.
I Like Chris have see mid to low 6 second suspended cars I havent seen a 5 second suspended car but I'm sure there's probably one out there.
If you friend's car is making enough steam to run Oh's and shake the tires I'm thinking he is probably better off with a proven hard tail combination however he's going to have trouble getting the consistency he needs to get the car to run the number round after round.
In the past when I was only bracket racing I would try to get paired up with the way fast guys because I knew they usually couldn't hit their dial in consistnetly and I knew that I could.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I would try to get paired up with the way fast guys because I knew they usually couldn't hit their dial in consistnetly and I knew that I could.
True dat!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
offroadr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Offroadr

If you friend's car is making enough steam to run Oh's and shake the tires I'm thinking he is probably better off with a proven hard tail combination however he's going to have trouble getting the consistency he needs to get the car to run the number round after round.
The car is an ex world champ T/AD car so its proven. The shake was caused by a tuning mistake and is an experience thing. Its actually proved to be pretty consistent but has a ways to go. Only 2 races so far on this combo and proving out good. Could it be more consistent if it was a 7:00 4 link N/A car? Sure, Thats not what he is looking for though.
offroadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE=. Only 2 races so far on this combo and proving out good. Could it be more consistent if it was a 7:00 4 link N/A car? Sure, Thats not what he is looking for though.[/QUOTE]

Hey that the beauty of T/D you can go as fast a your wallet lets you Have fun and don't forget to enjoy the ride!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
don R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are combinations of what was listed above also, and the triangulated 4 link he mentioned is sometimes referred to as a swing arm and is also made with two shocks.
don R is offline   Reply With Quote