Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts
Default BJRE SST Series at Pacemakers 10/8/11 plus Sharx Q-32

This Sat Oct 8th is the rescheduled event for SST Series race

Well the last Bill Jackson’s Racing Engines SST Series event of 2011 is this Saturday. Qualifying runs will be with the Sharx Quick 32 series and the times are set up to run at 2:30 & 4:00 and first round at 6pm. The point’s championship is still a 10-man horse race as it was set up this year best 5 races to claim the points.
The point’s leader right now is Allen Smith with his S-10 with 186 points and has a rd 1 lost to make up points on, so Allen has to win a round before he starts counting any points at all. Both drivers in second (Dan Funk 172 pts) and third place driver (Steve Bates 171 pts) both have to win a round before receiving more points also. Fourth in points, Doug Bates 155 pts has a lot of work to do as he has to win 2 rounds before his points start. Fifth in points, Scott Jamison with his Demon and 6th in points John Parson have not ran 5 races and have clear shot of winning this deal with them both able to starting counting points as soon as they come into the gate.7th through 9th Drew Elliott 141 pts, John Malaby 133 pts and Josh Van Horne 130 pts all have a rd 1 lost to work off of for points. IHRA SST stand out and race 3 winner Greg Fowler has ran only 3 races sitting in 10th place but has 123 pts and still a outside shot.
The points fund for the 2011 season championship is like this, 1st place receives $500 plus a Gold Card (free entry for 2012 SST races). Second place receives $300 and third place will receive $200. All these checks will be given at the Pacemakers Banquet.
I would like to thank all the racers that have helped support the SST series this year and my parents, Bill & Mary Ann Jackson have already said they will sponsor the series again in 2012. Hopefully the economy gets better and I can pick up more associate sponsors for next year. I want to also thank the 2011 associate sponsors,
JR Hill, Custom Motorsport Painting, Mansfield, Ohio
Steve Grady, Grady Performance Grove City, Ohio (will be at the track Saturday set up for all your needs)
Bob & Lin Bebout, Bebout Masonry, Mt Vernon, Ohio
Frank Jenkins, Jenkins Welding & Fabrication, Galion, Ohio for the previous winner bounty fund ($25)
And lastly would like to thank Mike Fouts for letting us do this and boy I have had a blast doing it here at Pacemakers.
This Saturday night will be a great race, Be There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAR # … DRIVER … POINTS … events … Pts to Give up
1..Q355 … Allen Smith … 186 … 5 … -11
2..3186 … Dan Funk … 172 … 5 … -15
3..D383 … Steve Bates … 171 … 5 … -11
4..328H … Doug Bates … 155 … 5 … -23
5..3680 … Scott Jamison … 145 … 3 … 0
6..3666 … John Parsons … 141 … 4 … 0
7..3318 … Drew Elliott … 141 … 5 … -12
8..394L … John Malaby … 133 … 5 … -12
9..3918 … Josh Van Horne … 130 … 5 … -12
10...19 … Greg Fowler … 123 … 3 … 0
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Shake & Bake

Liked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: BJRE SST Series at Pacemakers 10/8/11 plus Sharx Q-32

Congratulations to Alex Miller on the SST win. Nice job!

What a nice turn out for S/ST. I believe there were 44 cars in the field. Not to mention the door side of Q-32 that had 32 cars trying to make the 16 car field.

I want to Thank Bill & MaryAnn Jackson for putting on the S/ST series along with the other sponsors. A BIG Thank-You goes to Joe Jackson for all the work he does. Great job Joe with the brackets and keeping up on everything else you do! From what I hear the S/ST series is already going to be part of the 2012 schedule. Good deal.

I would also like to Thank Mike Fouts and his crew for the job they do at PaceMakers. I enjoy running there.

Last edited by Shake & Bake; 10-09-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Shake & Bake is offline   Reply With Quote