Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #21
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Dan Dvorak 1963 Dodge sold @ Mecum Kissimmee

If this is the correct car and driver

Remember him and Kenny Koonce in the finals at Englishtown

Both A/SA cars and Dan got the best of Kenny that day !!
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
Tommy Auger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello. I was in Florida last month and bought Dan's car over the phone from Mecum. I am thrilled to say the least. I can't wait for Reliable to deliver the car to Maine. I raced in SS/IA from 75 to 77 with the Hambuger/Auger 340 Duster. To make a long story short I put my little head in the wrong place became a Dad and went to work. Now fast forward 35 yrs later here I am with a race car again. I really would like to race again. I spoke with Dan the morning after buying the car. He had no idea it was being sold at Mecum. He was kind of in shock. I hope to go back to Florida soon to meet with him. I will leave it original and won't sell the car to anyone except back to Dan if I ever do sell it.
Tommy Auger
Tommy Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #23
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,079 Times in 769 Posts
Default iuytrewq

Congratulations Tommy, Dan's Dodge is a good one, and I'm glad it found a worthy home
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #24
E MAN 1982

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats a shame Dan didn't no about the sale. Mercum lists in the description they talked to him and verified the imformation!? E
E MAN  1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
qwiked

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

A few weeks ago Buck Kinney's Chevelle convertible sold for $50,600. at Barrett - Jackson here in Scottsdale. The selling price of both Dvorak's car and "The Buck Kinney Special" seem well under the money..Is this an indication of the declining value and popularity of Stock and Super Stock racing?
qwiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiked View Post
A few weeks ago Buck Kinney's Chevelle convertible sold for $50,600. at Barrett - Jackson here in Scottsdale. The selling price of both Dvorak's car and "The Buck Kinney Special" seem well under the money..Is this an indication of the declining value and popularity of Stock and Super Stock racing?
Yes most people find out its only worth what someones wants to pay for it period.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
Mark Madison

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiked View Post
I would think these prices have more to do with the economy in general. Less disposable income for most + motivated sellers = better values for those with cash on hand. $20k was a steal for Dan's car. Try to find decent aluminum pieces, then pay a qualified sheet metal man to straighten them out. Hold the Bondo please.

Mark Madison
Mark Madison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #28
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXJOE View Post
WOW that is SCAREY!
I hope a true S/SS racer got a heck of a deal, and not some over moneyed car collector that's going to put a cover on it, and just keep it.

I would think, it would cost 50K ++to build a car like that from scratch.
( first you'll need to find one)
Like the song says... I may be wrong, BUT I may be right!
I think it's a safe bet to say that you're far from wrong, and most definitely right. That car looks so cool, and race ready, I wish I was the buyer...I'd park the Cavalier and race that for a while....I just noticed that Tommy Auger bought it...lucky guy!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 02-03-2013 at 06:09 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
Ian Hill

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E MAN 1982 View Post
Thats a shame Dan didn't no about the sale. Mercum lists in the description they talked to him and verified the imformation!? E
the description, provided by the seller said "they" discussed the car with Dan.

Ian
Ian Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #30
Ian Hill

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Auger View Post
Hello. I was in Florida last month and bought Dan's car over the phone from Mecum. I am thrilled to say the least. I can't wait for Reliable to deliver the car to Maine. I raced in SS/IA from 75 to 77 with the Hambuger/Auger 340 Duster. To make a long story short I put my little head in the wrong place became a Dad and went to work. Now fast forward 35 yrs later here I am with a race car again. I really would like to race again. I spoke with Dan the morning after buying the car. He had no idea it was being sold at Mecum. He was kind of in shock. I hope to go back to Florida soon to meet with him. I will leave it original and won't sell the car to anyone except back to Dan if I ever do sell it.
Tommy Auger
...and if Dan doesnt want it, sign me up. I have been attched to the car for almost two years, we just couldnt come to an agreement of price, and when it finally does go for auction i dont even have as much money as i once offered to pay for the car. i was your competitor on the phone bidding at Mecum! it would go great beside my Hemi car and Max Wedge Clone belveders. it is a wicked car. Congratulations!

Ian
905-704-9105
Ian Hill is offline   Reply With Quote