HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
Evan Smith

Liked 94 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: 2013 5.0 Mustang testing at Bradenton

Mr. Moose, that was the black NA car and the white one was supercharged. Jimmy Ronzelo and I drove both cars.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
Damn Yankee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Johns View Post
Just because Ford doesn't build one that is a manual transmission doesn't mean that there won't be a classification for one so that others could build their own correct? After all Ford never built a pushrod 352, 428, modular 3v or (2012) 5.0 or a manual in 2012 or ever a convertible but there are certified combos for those correct? I'm just a stick guy just like Evan. The high winding 4.6 4v manual cars in (now defunct) NMRA Pure Street are a blast! I'm building a stick car to come play in the NHRA just waiting on a few more details and confirmation from Jesse Kershaw on weither the 2013 BIW kit will be available or if I'm starting with a flood damaged car. Mine will be a stick car. Waiting for the word also, on when the seats will be available.*

Side note: they have posted on FRPP the 2013 Cobra Jet engines up on FRPP site. (and the rear wheel/tire set)*
M-6000-SCJ13 for the supercharged engine
M-6000-CJ13 for the NA model.*
This is what we are looking at as well. I called Ford Racing Parts and went into sticker shock on the price of the N/A Stocker Coyote engine in crate form..............$17,500 Retail
Damn Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Comp 798

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stkdiv5.....

Yes, but interest is sometimes different than what a person can afford.

Last edited by Comp 798; 03-17-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Comp 798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Johns View Post
Just because Ford doesn't build one that is a manual transmission doesn't mean that there won't be a classification for one so that others could build their own correct? After all Ford never built a pushrod 352, 428, modular 3v or (2012) 5.0 or a manual in 2012 or ever a convertible but there are certified combos for those correct? I'm just a stick guy just like Evan. The high winding 4.6 4v manual cars in (now defunct) NMRA Pure Street are a blast! I'm building a stick car to come play in the NHRA just waiting on a few more details and confirmation from Jesse Kershaw on weither the 2013 BIW kit will be available or if I'm starting with a flood damaged car. Mine will be a stick car. Waiting for the word also, on when the seats will be available.*

Side note: they have posted on FRPP the 2013 Cobra Jet engines up on FRPP site. (and the rear wheel/tire set)*
M-6000-SCJ13 for the supercharged engine
M-6000-CJ13 for the NA model.*
I saw this pic over on George Wright's site a few months ago.
He has a 5.0 Coyote engine hooked to a manual trans.
I believe it is a SS/GT combo, but I could be mistaken.

ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Jesse Kershaw

Liked 120 Times in 11 Posts

Hi guys,

The 2013 testing went great and the cars are very consistent. Big thanks to Evan for lending us his driving skills and his feedback. It was with his help that the original proposal came together a few years ago and it's great to still have him involved.

In 2010 we did build cars with the 352, 428, and 4.6l engine combos and all have been out at NHRA races.

Regarding the cost of the 2013 engines at first glance it may seem high but there is a ton of content including the mass air meter, inlet tube, engine wiring harness, etc. We even include an extra set of plugs just so you have them on hand. They are ready to run out of the box for the DIY builder. When you compare to other competitive combos for a B,C, or D stocker the price is not out of line and I believe WD's will be willing to sell for less than the MSRP quoted on here. We left room for the WD's to work with the racer.

If you have any questions or want me to put you in touch with a racer friendly WD please PM me.

See you at the track!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
rickseeman

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The 2011 V-10 Drag Pak Challenger replacement engine is $30,000. Count your blessings.
rickseeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have they been Dynoed and broken in ?? Do you get a Dyno sheet and build book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
Hi guys,

The 2013 testing went great and the cars are very consistent. Big thanks to Evan for lending us his driving skills and his feedback. It was with his help that the original proposal came together a few years ago and it's great to still have him involved.

In 2010 we did build cars with the 352, 428, and 4.6l engine combos and all have been out at NHRA races.

Regarding the cost of the 2013 engines at first glance it may seem high but there is a ton of content including the mass air meter, inlet tube, engine wiring harness, etc. We even include an extra set of plugs just so you have them on hand. They are ready to run out of the box for the DIY builder. When you compare to other competitive combos for a B,C, or D stocker the price is not out of line and I believe WD's will be willing to sell for less than the MSRP quoted on here. We left room for the WD's to work with the racer.

If you have any questions or want me to put you in touch with a racer friendly WD please PM me.

See you at the track!
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Question Re: 2013 5.0 Mustang testing at Bradenton

Did anyone even notice that the 281 motor in the J/S car ran -1.46 under in the CIC race? That's -1.76 under the old index! Just sayin'. Oh yeah, @123mph. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 03-20-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Damn Yankee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
Hi guys,

See you at the track!
Jesse, What options will be available as far as the BIW program for the 2013's ? I was told the rolling chassis Cobra Jet program was still undecided, and flood vehicles, or other insurance vehicles without body damage are often hard to come by
Damn Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Did anyone even notice that the 281 motor in the J/S car ran -1.46 under in the CIC race? That's -1.76 under the old index! Just sayin'. Oh yeah, @123mph. Jim

Yes, and on 3-13-12 it got with another h.p. hit.
Now those are 248 hp
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote