Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #51
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: Race car burnt at Motor Mile Dragway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNorton View Post
You guys really don't have much of a clue. I raced at motor mile for a few years during college and it is a top notch facility with great people. You shouldn't be so quick to judge a facility that you have never been to.

One thing to note, and I believe it was mentioned, there is a large working fire extenguister on the outside of the guard wall up there at the turn. The wall is marked red for it as well. There are also quite a few fire extinguishers mounted on the outside of the guardwall along the racing surface and shutdown area.

Also... watch that ADRL video again and tell me how far into the shutdown area most of those guys are when they finally get on the binders and have the laundry out. Any racer that knows the shutdown is short should be getting it slowed down way earlier than that.

I also wanna make a comment on the website. They don't spend big bucks on that. It was built by the web guy that takes care of the dealership sites and is maintained by the track staff.

You all should make a stop in there sometime. Your tune would change. There isn't a more friendly staff anywhere and the facility is top notch.

All racers should be aware of their exit strategies and where the safety staff/fire extinguishers are at all times at every track. Only a fool goes to a new facility and doesn't check it out before making a pass.
I think we all know who are the fools at that race track.
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #52
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNorton View Post
You guys really don't have much of a clue. I raced at motor mile for a few years during college and it is a top notch facility with great people. You shouldn't be so quick to judge a facility that you have never been to.

Thank God for the internet. We can make decisions about where or where not to go without spending the money to get there and then leave. And do you leave before you crash or after?

One thing to note, and I believe it was mentioned, there is a large working fire extenguister on the outside of the guard wall up there at the turn. The wall is marked red for it as well. There are also quite a few fire extinguishers mounted on the outside of the guardwall along the racing surface and shutdown area.

Then the track needs to have the fire extinguishers manned. The fact the racer got out of his car and had to wave (along with the spectators) to get track personnel's attention is mind-numbing. You would think the smoke signal would be adequate. They should also take the illusion of an ambulance off the facility. If it is non-functional, it gives the wrong impression and lures racers into believing the track is safely run. I would say that is by design. Management knows the insurance company requires an ambulance. Having a fake ambulance is a fraud. I'd rather know going in there is no ambulance, no fire or medical crew.

Also... watch that ADRL video again and tell me how far into the shutdown area most of those guys are when they finally get on the binders and have the laundry out. Any racer that knows the shutdown is short should be getting it slowed down way earlier than that.

The shut down area is what it is. Does the track inform the racers there is a problem with the length of the shut-down area? Or is this something that is learned?

I also wanna make a comment on the website. They don't spend big bucks on that. It was built by the web guy that takes care of the dealership sites and is maintained by the track staff.

OK. That saved the track some money. Now they can better afford to be a safe place to race. Right?

You all should make a stop in there sometime. Your tune would change. There isn't a more friendly staff anywhere and the facility is top notch.

All workers are friendly when they are relaxed.

All racers should be aware of their exit strategies and where the safety staff/fire extinguishers are at all times at every track. Only a fool goes to a new facility and doesn't check it out before making a pass.
Sorry, my job is to make sure my car is safe. The tracks job is to maintain a level of safety that can save lives. If I'm on fire and rolling around the ground trying to get the fire off me, I'm sure as hell not going to walk over to the nearest fire extinguisher that you think I'm supposed to remember where it is located and hope they even kept it fully charged!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #53
JCChildress

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

They have an ambulance at the starting line and it is manned all the time. They also lengthened the track after the ADRL dilema. I'm not defending anyone..just stating the facts.
JCChildress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #54
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,074 Times in 766 Posts

I can't believe the ADRL didn't evaluate the facility before they sanctioned a race there.
Shame on them too.

I sincerely hope Motor Mile gets it right and realizes nothing is more important than providing a safe venue for everyone on the property.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote