Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #51
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Staging light error caught on film & Div. Director's res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Ed W, there were very few people at the actual finish line .We just happened to be on the way out, and pulled over to watch the round. The "official" story stood with most people,I guess.

Ed F., The racer who appeared to lose ,went back into the pits and started loading his car . The announcer told him to bring his car back to staging. He was told he won because of a timing malfunction. What more could one expect out of him?
That's all I know....
Mark,if the other guy gets there by half a car you know it.I'll leave it at that.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #52
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Question Re: Staging light error caught on film & Div. Director's res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
No, not here. "Here" probably wasn't here then. Complaining to NHRA, not some Internet message board. Get real.
Seriously Ed, come clean. Do you work for Tom Compton or something? Anytime someone refers to the NHRA in any other way than "that shining beacon on the hill" you can be counted on to jump in their *****! Why do you feel the insuppressible desire to attack? Really, look in the mirror. Check your posts for the last month or so. I am genuinely concerned. I can only imagine what you are going to call me this time.

Complain to NHRA? Hahahahahaha. I think some guys vent on there just to keep from shooting somebody! Let them vent! It's called "civil discourse". Try it. If it really upsets you so much, don't read it! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 04-24-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #53
Wayne W

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
The Olds took the win light by almost a car length in the semi's .As I said I was standing right there on the way out the gate. His opponent, driving a more palatable later model, was in the pits, loading his car. He was told he had won and to come back for the final. A piece of paper blew through the lights, triggering the wrong win light, ...was the story from the tower.
You'll have to research the rest of the story. The finalist didn't do anything wrong himself, so I won't mention his name here.
And the rest of the story W.A.Lee told me was about a couple of dragsters in Comp, the first guy was a whole dragster length out in front and still lost.

Kinda makes you stop and think doesn't it.
Wayne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #54
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Seriously Ed, come clean. Do you work for Tom Compton or something? Anytime someone refers to the NHRA in any other way than "that shining beacon on the hill" you can be counted on to jump in their *****! Why do you feel the insuppressible desire to attack? Really, look in the mirror. Check your posts for the last month or so. I am genuinely concerned. I can only imagine what you are going to call me this time.

Complain to NHRA? Hahahahahaha. I think some guys vent on there just to keep from shooting somebody! Let them vent! It's called "civil discourse". Try it. If it really upsets you so much, don't read it! Jim
What have I ever called you? I run with both HRAs, there are things I like and don't much care for both places. I don't get people that want something changed in their favor, yet call the people that could make those changes idiots, drunks, crooks, thieves, etc. Like they won't read or hear about it. Makes zero sense. As long as the rules are the same for everybody, and I'm not offended by them, I'll race. I don't expect rules makers to cater to me. If I don't like them I will race somewhere else or quit. Ranting on the Internet won't change anything. Bad mouthing officials here won't change a thing. You won't even get a response from them. I like IHRA, but still prefer NHRA. I get to see and visit with more of my friends there and enjoy the higher car counts. IHRA people are nice, but it's not the same. If you don't like NHRA go race some place else. They aren't going to make changes for you.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #55
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Staging light error caught on film & Div. Director's res

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl weisinger View Post
good grief! Nhra does not, has not and has no reason to "fix" races. . . . . . . . . . .
lol................................
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote