HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
69ss/rs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Making Aluminum Heads Legal for all SuperStockers

Treessavoy. take a look at the edelbrock website and find me a combination that isn't covered. As for not making a head for every combo, look at what they did with the Big Block Chevy. They use one head to fit multiple combos by changing valve sizes and combustion chamber sizes. So your argument doesn't hold water.
69ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69ss/rs View Post
Treessavoy. take a look at the edelbrock website and find me a combination that isn't covered. As for not making a head for every combo, look at what they did with the Big Block Chevy. They use one head to fit multiple combos by changing valve sizes and combustion chamber sizes. So your argument doesn't hold water.

Without looking .....1962/3 Max Wedge, 1964 Max Wedge so I'll just keep holding that water!

JimR
Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
Dick Kirkpatrick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After spending over $4000 to repair one head for a SBC 255 hp motor, I vote YES
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Kirkpatrick View Post
After spending over $4000 to repair one head for a SBC 255 hp motor, I vote YES
Dont worry..the Ch.sb. will probably get it anyway...
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Making Aluminum Heads Legal for all SuperStockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa633 View Post
Dont worry..the Ch.sb. will probably get it anyway...
Someone needs to get Edelbrock to reproduce the Max Wedge heads and 383/440 heads ACCURATELY with the CORRECT valve size and C.C's in alum. (along with others) and get NHRA to approve them. Someone went out of their way to do the same for the 428 CJ Fords and 427 Ford FE Medium riser heads and NHRA deemed them legal replacements in STOCK and S/S in the past. The GM Alum head was made a legal replacement for STOCK and S/S even though the exhaust ports are wrong, the intake port is a cross between a square port and an oval port and they came with 11/32 stem valve guides which was a pain to make into 3/8 size. That material was hard as hell to cut or hone. I wont even mention the latest GM intake manifold for big blocks that was made a legal replacement with the plenum cut resembling the L88 intake (also known as the "Grumpy" modification.) So whats wrong with making it fair for the Mopar guys and the AMC, OLDS, BUICK, and Pontiac guys also? As far as you guys bitching about "rules changes" this has been going on for a LONG TIME for the Fords and GM big blocks.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 10-07-2009 at 02:11 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Terry the GM heads have a gm part # I dont know about the fords, if the fords dont then you mite have a case. Also the next question will be can he sell Max heads, or is the market big enough. NSS can run any head so that cuts into that count. I will email and see what kind of response I get.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #17
Mark Callanan

Liked 64 Times in 14 Posts

Is NITROS next??
Come on keep it simple
I know it isnt simple anymore but lets keep it as simple as it can be
This idea isnt a good thig for SS...
Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #18
Dick Kirkpatrick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What can be more simple than allowing Edelbrock aluminum replacement heads for all SS cars.

If that were proposed/allowed by n/ihra I am sure Edelbrock would be more than happy to produce the few cylinder heads that are not produced at the present time.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Making Aluminum Heads Legal for all SuperStockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pagano View Post
Terry the GM heads have a gm part # I dont know about the fords, if the fords dont then you mite have a case. Also the next question will be can he sell Max heads, or is the market big enough. NSS can run any head so that cuts into that count. I will email and see what kind of response I get.
The Ford Edelbrock heads do not have a factory part number. So what if the GM head does have a number......It is NOTHING like the original Chev. alum heads except for the fact it bolts onto a chevy block. I dont really care if they allow alum replacement heads or not myself but it isnt fair to the other brands and family of engines. The thread was started by someone else and its a proven fact that the alum heads are less expensive to modify, and repair when needed. The guys who complain about the alum heads are mostly those who have a stock pile of OEM cast iron heads for Hi Performance engine combos bought back when they were dirt cheap and are keeping them for themself or selling them off for a rip off price. I was just stating "Food for Thought" as it makes no difference to me one way or the other. Most of the original stuff is 40 + years old and the "Well" went dry a long time ago.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #20
69ss/rs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mark Callanan, let's not get dumb.Nobody is saying get away from the basic combination. I don't know if you own a SuperStocker, but with us being able to port and polish intake,exhaust ports, along with the combustion chambers what is the difference than the material the head is made from? Like I said before, sink close to 7500.00 into a good set of iron heads and see what it cost to fix it if one or both get hurt as compared to aluminum. I didn't say change carb,compression or any of the original combo. The aluminum heads usually come with the mods that we pay so much to the Head guys to perform.
69ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote