HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 07-29-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
DailyDriverSst

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Truck Weight Distribution

I asked this over in S/SS and figure most people don't cross over between forums.

For those with trucks, what weight distribution do you have?

Right now I'm at 56 front/43 rear with a full frame leaf spring truck. I talked to Jerry Haas at an event and he said he liked 55/45 in PST. Curious what others have found to work.
DailyDriverSst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts
Default Re: Truck Weight Distribution

Static weight distribution is nice to know ,but it is just that ,static.
Dynamic weight distribution ,or transfer is what you really works for you. .... as your front end rises the center of gravity is rapidly moving rearward .
Many of the Stock /SS cars I work on are closer to 55/45 than 50/50.
The ones that are 50/50 or greater sometimes need to move weight back forward to keep the car from being too violent , especially when carrying a lot of extra weight to make the next lower class.
My friend Eric Merryfield's Super Stock Dakota truck will go nearly vertical on 9" tires and cal tracs with around 52/48 static weight on a 112" wheelbase.
As for ProStock Truck numbers ,there is no comparison to a stock frame ,leaf spring vehicle . .....Again ,the bias is heavier on front to prevent the truck from having excessive or too quick weight transfer.
They also ,being manual transmission race cars {trucks}, want a certain amount of wheel speed at the launch, not like a .90 car looking for zero wheel spin at the launch.