HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #41
Todd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHRA allows Alum heads in stock/ss

Originaly posted by Todd Hoven "The aluminum cylinder heads aproved is not the worst idea. Gives the racers who are having a hard time locating 40+ year old castings a chance"

Good post Todd! I totally agree.
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #42
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: NHRA allows Alum heads in stock/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I just remember when I did this very thing in IHRA years ago and all the NHRA racers hated the idea and started calling IHRA the International Hillbilly Hot Rod association. Now you guys are loving it. It was a bad idea for IHRA but now that NHRA decided to do it all is good and they can "walk on water"......can you say HYPOCRITE ! Same deal on the roller rockers ! When IHRA does it everyone says its a joke. When NHRA does it all is OK in the race car world.
Sorry I mis spelled the word hypocrite in my earlier post but you get the "meaning" I was trying to point out.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #43
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I just remember when I did this very thing in IHRA years ago and all the NHRA racers hated the idea and started calling IHRA the International Hillbilly Hot Rod association. Now you guys are loving it. It was a bad idea for IHRA but now that NHRA decided to do it all is good and they can "walk on water"......can you say HYPOCRITE ! Same deal on the roller rockers ! When IHRA does it everyone says its a joke. When NHRA does it all is OK in the race car world.
I haven't read many post in favor of the roller rockers, have you? Nothing wrong with IHRA, except way to many classes. I could probably drive my lawn mower in and race it.
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #44
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

todd, wade, jeff, terry and ALL others... the cat is out of the bag, the horse is out of the barn, the ship has sailed...and im a little bit pregnant > all describe what is left of stock eliminator.

charlie bob is right, we aint never goin back, and us old guys should TAKE IT or QUIT

jack

trying to decide which to do... if damn car would slow down i'd know
Old 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #45
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: NHRA allows Alum heads in stock/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy View Post
todd, wade, jeff, terry and ALL others... the cat is out of the bag, the horse is out of the barn, the ship has sailed...and im a little bit pregnant > all describe what is left of stock eliminator.

charlie bob is right, we aint never goin back, and us old guys should TAKE IT or QUIT

jack

trying to decide which to do... if damn car would slow down i'd know

You are absolutely correct Jack! It is what it is. Love it or leave it! Oh and congratulations! Is it a boy or a girl? Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #46
Bryan Broaddus

Liked 18 Times in 3 Posts

I don't agree that the Edelbrock heads are completely re-engineered to be better than the Iron originals. I was one of the early guys allowed to run the alloy heads on my combo, the 425 HP 454 Chevy. I have had three sets of the "better" Edelbrock replacements heads done (by three different quality shops) and when compared to the original Iron heads (which were ported in the mid 90's) we have seen only limited improvements, 10-14 HP on the dyno, which is somewhere around 2% on this combo.

We have actually gone back to a new set of the iron heads for our latest engine. The 10 HP you have to carry is more than you can make up with these heads on our combo.

I can't speak for all of the other makes out there, but these heads are not a silver bullet for every combination!