HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #11
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Mopar Contingency; What are your desires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrypuppy4865 View Post
I would like to see winner and runner up paid even with a GM car! (Mopar sticker required)
I'm with Cooter!
Old 12-23-2016, 02:13 PM   #12
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Talking Re: Mopar Contingency; What are your desires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
D4 Hemi cars got those D1 cars covered like gravy on rice. LOL!!!!!!!
I didn't know the D-4 Hemi heads were legal for Stock and SS. They are probably not as good as what the SS/AH guys already have.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #13
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
I didn't know the D-4 Hemi heads were legal for Stock and SS. They are probably not as good as what the SS/AH guys already have.

Now James, we call that "kicking a skunk" down here. Merry Christmas and Happy "Overmilling" I mean New Years to all. Formerly Phish
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #14
Dyno

Liked 604 Times in 177 Posts

When Phish says D-4 heads, I think he is saying Division 4 heads, not the D-4 head Mopar produced. Don't be kicking "skunks".
Dyno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #15
john corcoran jr

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

Mr. Jeff,
As a former GM racer I can remember when GM posted cont. money for using a GM vehicle. I also remember when that changed to a 1998 or newer model year. Now, unless you have a COPO, you are invisible. The new FCA program does have something for everybody. The AH cars have the Hemi Challenge and the Drag Paks have the new program for them. And EVERYBODY is eligible for the regular cont. payments and the Tom Hoover Award money. How much more do people want?
My compliant is about parts listings and availability. Looking at the Mopar catalog reminds me of being a kid looking in the Sear Wish Book before Christmas. Drag Pak throttle or trunk cables listed but not available. Mine got damaged somewhere between the paint shop and the chassis shop and I tried to order a new one. After waiting for too long, I got a hold of Ed H. at FCA and he found out that they were not available and also found out that the vendor had stock but scrapped them for lack of sales. One of the few items you really need to make a DP or keep one running. When my buddy the late Alex D. found out about it, he got on the phone with Jeggie to see if he had any. You should have heard that conversation when he found out about it. Priceless. But back to the point, how many dollars would it take to keep a few cables hanging on the shelf somewhere? They could have bought them from the vendor for pennies on the dollar. Instead the vendor loses, Mopar loses a sale, and the racer is swinging in the breeze. FYI, the cable were made by Lokar, if you ever need one.
One last rant point, the catalog shows a clutch can without an inspection hole. This isn't 1970 anymore, nobody is going to build something and not have an inspection hole. The starter that they list with it will also not fit in the car. You can't clock it correctly to work. And this is with late model stuff, I can't imagine what you have to do to try and find parts for older cars.
Merry Christmas to all.
john corcoran jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #16
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

How about a super charged V10 crate motor ...

Ron
Old 12-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #17
Jim Bailey

Liked 563 Times in 106 Posts
Cool Re: Mopar Contingency; What are your desires?

Mopar Treated me well this year... Always paid, and always paid in a timely fashion. Much better than almost all other manufactures offering Contingency.
What I would like is Parts Availability !... If you offer it in your performance catalog, or on your web site - stock it -, or at least have it available in a timely basis. We can't race and support the company without parts and factory support.
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #18
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

I didn't know about the parts availability issues . Even with the aftermarket block rule ( heard a mopar racer say the aftermarket hemi parts couldn't be made because of the copy wrights to the name hemi ) ? The aftermarket heads would need to be approved . Hope they come thru for you guys on the parts supply .
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #19
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Cooter, Mopar will pay you and Dad when you race a Mopar. The fact that it ain't gonna happen makes them feel warm and fuzzy. Merry Christmas to the Dog Family.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #20
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Wink Re: Mopar Contingency; What are your desires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
When Phish says D-4 heads, I think he is saying Division 4 heads, not the D-4 head Mopar produced. Don't be kicking "skunks".
Yeah, I figured Phishy was talking about Division 4. I thought I'd be funny. Wasn't sure many people remembered the old, iron D-4 Heads anyway. I saw a pair of D-5 heads on eBag about 10 years ago and they had the same casting number as the legal Ross foundry twin plug heads (433?). I made a joke to Jeff K at MCH about running the D-5s on my 1964 Belvedere. He wasn't amused either.