Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2016, 02:46 AM   #21
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts
Question Re: A case for Tru-Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Morris View Post
Maybe I have a misconception of how Tru-Start works. I'd be happy to be corrected.

For example, racing under the Tru-Start system is a V/SA and an A/SA. V car leaves and goes red, but there is no visible indication of a foul start (to use NHRA terminology). Freeze frame right there. As I understand Tru-Start, the V car driver now has a "second chance" at winning the race instead of being automatically eliminated. So far so good? If the A car leaves clean, that driver is the automatic winner. If the A car goes red, I guess they figure it out with the R/T that is closer to .000 or each driver's total package.

Now change things up a little. V car leaves clean and the A car goes red. Is the A car automatically eliminated?
Also, with Tru Start, if the V/SA leaves too early, but no red light is illuminated, does the green light come on,? Does the last amber stay on, like it would for a redlight , or does the slow cars side of the tree have all the lights off?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:58 AM   #22
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: A case for Tru-Start

^^^Good question. If the red light is held until the second car leaves, does one of us get to see green then red????? That wasn't mentioned in my reading.

Why not toss the count down for a yellow/green tree? Cutting the anticipation might cut the red lights to start with.

Last edited by FireSale; 11-15-2016 at 04:01 AM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #23
Dave Noll

Liked 219 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzbuilder View Post
For all of those wanting to race with tru-start I'm sure the are plenty of bracket racing platforms beginning out there and tracks as well then u won't have to worry about heads-up races fuel check or going over the scales or even tear downs for that matter and centainly won't have to cry on this forum about not getting into a national event where they won't implement tru-start. Believe it or not the level playing field out there is what u make it quit complaining and just get some seat time
I've bracket raced for over 30 years and recently switched to Stock. How much more seat time do I need ? I'm not complaining. I'm stating a preference and cited examples to show the reason for my preference. Tru-Start has been created by Compulink but to my knowledge is only being used for the Spring Fling.

https://dragillustrated.com/trustart...-spring-fling/

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...-go-nationwide
GOOD

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...php?p=46043098
And the same argument going on elsewhere.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:51 AM   #24
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Also, with Tru Start, if the V/SA leaves too early, but no red light is illuminated, does the green light come on,? Does the last amber stay on, like it would for a redlight , or does the slow cars side of the tree have all the lights off?
The green light does come on when the first car leaves early then drops to red when the quicker car leaves green.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #25
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

If it came down to a vote I would vote to implement the tru-start system. I don't see a down side to it.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #26
Don Morris

Liked 72 Times in 9 Posts

For me there is one remaining question. In the case where the slower car leaves on green, but the faster car goes red, when does the driver of the faster car get his "second chance" at winning that race? If the concern is fairness for all, how would this be addrresed?
Don Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #27
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noll View Post
I'm out.

They do have a best package deal at the bracket finals. 2 out of 3, yeah, hyuk.

As the starter of this thread, I feel Tru-start is 39 years too late in being implemented. Why change ? As a driver of a slower car, I feel this is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Agreed, except for maybe the pigs.

Agreed. Bob and Jody are both guys that I have a lot of respect for. They are both real good at doing this. What happened when they raced is just an example of what I feel that tru-start will, in my mind, fix.

My point exactly. Its not isolated. Tru-start is now out there and fixes this advantage that I feel the faster cars have had. I, for 1, would like to see it implemented. Its been created, has a name, I like it.

Dave Noll, N/SA 6526
get a faster car stop stirring ****
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #28
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: A case for Tru-Start

Quote:
For me there is one remaining question. In the case where the slower car leaves on green, but the faster car goes red, when does the driver of the faster car get his "second chance" at winning that race? If the concern is fairness for all, how would this be addrresed?
Tru Start gives both cars an equal chance to lose with a red light. If both cars red light then the worst red light loses.

Jeff
Old 11-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #29
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: A case for Tru-Start

Quote:
Does that mean that one driver gets a second chance to win and the other driver doesn't? What's "fair" about that? Sounds like outcome based education, another politically correct brainchild.It's always been first or worst,the way we've always raced.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #30
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
If the slow car goes red and the fast car goes green,where is the second chance for the slow car to win. How does this get addressed? See what I did there? It's all fair for any 1 car to go green and any 1 car to go red.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote