HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
GAS_Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Urgent - Need your input for race format

I need the T/S & T/D community input on a potential 3 race series....I was asked by a promoter to to help develop a format that would attract some outstanding ET Handicapped racing. These races are planned to happen at Orlando, Bristol, Atlanta... and possibly Rockingham (if we can get a 4th date).

So I need input from the racers that may come to those tracks. I thought the format would be simple:

Door cars run door cars until we had a winner of the door cars.... Dragsters run dragsters until we have a winner of the dragsters...
And then one final big money round... say $5,000 to the winner and $1500 R/U of that final round....

However.. since I spoke to a few other guys about this format... I am not sure...

Would you guys rather keep it two separate races and only pay $2500 to the winner of each class? Or would you like the original big money final round?

In either case I was planning on having him pay out several places back...

Also... we will do a Saturday night bonus race for the fastest 16 or 8 cars.....

Give me your feedback for the guys that think they would come....

BTW.... We were thinking 1/8 mile would be more popular than 1/4 mile... do you guys agree?

Once I get your feedback I will put together the flyer.