HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Poll on Class Racing

Many thoughts here on Class, Many complaints due to abuses of rating, 1000 foot runs, sandbagging, AHFS faults.. All valid ...with the History of Modified, old Jr. Stock , smaller numbers of classes and its better feel how about a change?
Didnt get Questions typed in time, Sorry. See other post for ideas
Thanks
Idea is make running Fast an advantage again. Winning an advantage again towards Champion position and encourage adjustments because of it. Not just dialing in as the only thing rewarded by becoming champion. This racing started as a goal to WIN by being Fast at least that part should still be rewarded towards the Championship TOO.

Last edited by Dick Butler; 12-30-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Poll on Class Racing

we have all been down this road before, but it would make local tracks popular again if they would adopt some sort of affordable all out classes.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Mart Jeltema

Liked 10 Times in 2 Posts

Dick, It was a lot of fun back in those days. We actually had to work on our cars and not just dial a number. I don't know what is the best for class racing anymore because the money people seem to have the advantage in many areas. The one that still gets me is, being a class winner and not be inserted into the 128 car field. The money guy's are the ones playing because of that rule change. This again took us away from what class racing was about. We are somewhat responsible for where we are today if we look at statistics, there was more diversity in regards to sticks vs automatics back then also. When dial in racing and reaction time information came along and then the touring sportsman, it was an advantage to run a automatic for many reasons.
1. Trans brakes
2. Air shifters
3. CONTINGENCY Dollars.
4. Technology for convertors
5. Radial Tires
6. Two steps
I could go on, but what's the point.
I know I have a target on my back for the comments, however history will show the facts. I want to win and am not complaining as I could switch, however I will still run a stick because it put's fun in my experience while trying to turn on the win light.

Regards and Happy New Year
MJ
Mart Jeltema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

I guess my views are coming from the Class Winner instinct, not the Eliminator Bracket mode thinking.
I feel The AHFS helps but is so slow and limited too many unjust factors exist too long and many good racers get discouraged by "paper cars" or new "under factored" stuff. How about those injected motors not even on the radar.
At this time I feel the Championship is actually a salute to Bracket racers with Expensive SS and Stk cars. The "olde guy" racer who still wants a class trophy for beating 4 or 5 cars in class is essentially unrewarded in the points system. He is not rewarded for setting a national record and being torn down.
I feel racers should ALL be rewarded for ALL the variations of the sport each likes not ignored for the original goal of Drag Racing , winning by being Fastest, first to the line, however you classify it.
Change it to mean POINTS to win class, and set records and win rounds and everyone will be represented and rewarded again. No one Loses in the racing only some get recognition which COUNTS towards the big picture again.
Side benefit will be the faster AHFS adjustments which would help everyone feel it works.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote