HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato
Default Re: 1972 remlinger olds

no it is not the blue 71 car this is a different car.i don't remember who wheeler sold the blue car to.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
Dan Lattimore

Liked 158 Times in 38 Posts

Cruiser------The blue Robinson ( Bill Robinson 1970 green Auto Buying Service unfortunately now deceased ) And Michaels ( Jim Michaels Seven Corners Shell Arlington Va. still living and selling Olds parts in N.C. )Supreme hardtop ( photo in #34 ) was aquired from Ron Garey in around 1971. It was repainted multicolored and raced for a short period of time in northern Va. then stored. About 5-6 years ago Glen Myers Manassas Va. purchased the car from Jim , I did a motor for it and he raced it for a couple of years until he had health issues. The car went back to Jim and is once again resting in his garage ( the car is pristene ).

Last edited by Dan Lattimore; 12-06-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Dan Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #33
vistacruiser67

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Great info. Thanks. Was the 71 Supreme a 455 car? And do you know what happened to Robinson's green 70 442?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lattimore View Post
Cruiser------The blue Robinson ( Bill Robinson 1970 green Auto Buying Service unfortunately now deceased ) And Michaels ( Jim Michaels Seven Corners Shell Arlington Va. still living and selling Olds parts in N.C. )Supreme was aquired from Ron Garey in around 1971. It was repainted multicolored and raced for a short period of time in northern Va. then stored. About 5-6 years ago Glen Myers Manassas Va. purchased the car from Jim , I did a motor for it and he raced it for a couple of years until he had health issues. The car went back to Jim and is once again resting in his garage ( the car is pristene ).

AL SEGER CUTLASS SX 455 JACK TROXELL PREPPED

Last edited by vistacruiser67; 12-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.
vistacruiser67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #34
vistacruiser67

I wasnt talking about the blue 71 Remlinger ragtop by the way but the 71 Supreme formerly raced by Ron Garey which appears to have been a Remlinger car briefly. I wasnt sure if you were speaking of the ragtop or the hardtop. Sorry I mixed up some other race cars in this thread. Great thread you started here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy pizzolato View Post
no it is not the blue 71 car this is a different car.i don't remember who wheeler sold the blue car to.

Last edited by vistacruiser67; 12-06-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #35
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

I was just wondering, is this the same Olds convertible or a different one...

Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #36
vistacruiser67

It is not the same car. I once thought it was but the author of this thread and owner of the red Remlinger convertible said it was not.
He may be addressing this in post number 31 above. Although it was common for 71 Cutlasses to be converted to 72s courtesy of Oldsmobile's Dale Smith sending the racers grilles, headlights bezels, and taillights. That Cooper Speed Shop Al Seger convertible in my signature picture below is and example of a 71
later converted to a White 72. The chrome strip along the lower body(also on the blue Remlinger convertible) is incorrect for 72 and you will notice on the white 72 converted car below they left this 71 molding in place. It would take some bodywork to switch out the molding- filling in holes and making new holes and if the blue and red Remlinger convertible was the same car it would have been a painstaking conversion but not impossible. But per the current owner we know they are not the same car. On the red Remlinger convertible you see a thin bodyside molding that is correct for 72 and the chrome rocker panel molding along the very bottom. 70 and 71 Supremes had the wide chrome molding that you see on the black and white pictures below but in 72 they moved to a thin strip like the red Remlinger car below. Too much information Im sure.

Two cars above are same car. Cutlass SX 455 were rare cars
and convertible SXs are even more rare. Correct me if Im wrong
Ive heard this car was sold with an incorrect 350 engine installed and
the 72 changes intact? Al Seger then moved to the 72 Go Shop
Cutlass Cruiser flat top wagon in 1973 that he must have raced until
he got a white 76-77 Cutlass? and then a 78-79 98 Regency?

[quote=Hemi Moose;359493]I was just wondering, is this the same Olds convertible or a different one...

Different cars

Last edited by vistacruiser67; 12-06-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy pizzolato View Post
dwight jerry jr drove it for sure in 1976. and jack mullins car did not have a red top when he owned it a man named stewert pitre bought it from jack and painted it with a red top.he also owned jack's olds and painted it with a red top also.
I believe Jack's Olds had a red top. Bill Godwin and I helped him wrench that car at the Dallas Springnationals in 1970 and I remember the red top. Somewhere I have a couple of pictures from that race . . .

Was 1976 the year that Dover Jr and S.E. Were in a points battle up to the last race? I remember there almost being a fight between Kuntz and Dover Jr at the Jackson points race. Jim was such a hothead in those days.
Dwight Southerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #38
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

dwight you are correct on the fight in jackson mississippi.jim was a tempered young man and shoved jerry jr who at the time was 16 years old.jerry sr and joe teuton sr jumped in and as they say the rest was history.jim would not wan't to try that today jerry jr weights about 210 and bench presses around 350 lbs. and danny the red and blue convert were two different cars. the red convert was a 455 250 hp from the factory it had a collum shift and a bench seat that dover converted it to buckets and a w30 car.jr and i installed a out the crate w30 that was left over from the dale smith days. my black 71 is origonaly a W30 car with 07 miles on it and the red convert has 38 miles on it

Last edited by sammy pizzolato; 12-06-2012 at 11:11 AM.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #39
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistacruiser67 View Post
It is not the same car. I once thought it was but the author of this thread and owner of the red Remlinger convertible said it was not.
He may be addressing this in post number 31 above. Although it was common for 71 Cutlasses to be converted to 72s courtesy of Oldsmobile's Dale Smith sending the racers grilles, headlights bezels, and taillights. That Cooper Speed Shop Al Seger convertible in my signature picture below is and example of a 71
later converted to a White 72. The chrome strip along the lower body(also on the blue Remlinger convertible) is incorrect for 72 and you will notice on the white 72 converted car below they left this 71 molding in place. It would take some bodywork to switch out the molding- filling in holes and making new holes and if the blue and red Remlinger convertible was the same car it would have been a painstaking conversion but not impossible. But per the current owner we know they are not the same car. On the red Remlinger convertible you see a thin bodyside molding that is correct for 72 and the chrome rocker panel molding along the very bottom. 70 and 71 Supremes had the wide chrome molding that you see on the black and white pictures below but in 72 they moved to a thin strip like the red Remlinger car below. Too much information I'm sure.

Two cars above are same car. Cutlass SX 455 were rare cars
and convertible SXs are even more rare. Correct me if Im wrong
Ive heard this car was sold with an incorrect 350 engine installed and
the 72 changes intact? Al Seger then moved to the 72 Go Shop
Cutlass Cruiser flat top wagon in 1973 that he must have raced until
he got a white 76-77 Cutlass? and then a 78-79 98 Regency?

Different cars

VC, thanks for the additional info...now I know.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #40
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

Cool photos and interesting stories. I was told that Dover's '70 hardtop (brown) was sold about a year ago up in Kentucky. The older gentleman (can't recall his name offhand) that owned had passed away, but had previously raced it at the Bowling Green races some years ago. Was it an original 4-4-2 or a clone made from a Cutlass? I wondered because I recall it having a standard (non cut-out) rear bumper.