HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153
Exclamation D1 NHRA Boycott?

This idea was brought up by a couple of racers....due to the fact that the "S.R.A.C." Does NOTHING! It was proposed that racers in the D1 area boycott a divisional race collectively.We need to get the power of decision back to the racers who support the association. As there will always be the handful of racers who will show up just to get easy pickens. If we all bond together and NOT SHOW then what will they do?

This is just an idea and we were wondering what you all think of it?

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO NOT SHOW UP TO A DESIGNATED RACE TO SHOW OUR DISPROVAL OF NHRA's DECISION MAKING PROBLEM?
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
MikeSawyer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D1 NHRA Boycott?

Chris..

Boycotting a Divisional race would only hurt the poor track operator who has to pony up the money well ahead of time to NHRA to host the race with the hopes of making it back later on entry fees and concessions. Besides, most of the decisions that make you want to scratch your head come from a little further west than Warrington, PA.

-Mike
MikeSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
SG1809

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1153 View Post
This idea was brought up by a couple of racers....due to the fact that the "S.R.A.C." Does NOTHING! It was proposed that racers in the D1 area boycott a divisional race collectively.We need to get the power of decision back to the racers who support the association. As there will always be the handful of racers who will show up just to get easy pickens. If we all bond together and NOT SHOW then what will they do?

This is just an idea and we were wondering what you all think of it?

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO NOT SHOW UP TO A DESIGNATED RACE TO SHOW OUR DISPROVAL OF NHRA's DECISION MAKING PROBLEM?
Chris,

I agree something needs to be done, something that's effective in getting the attention of NHRA. Doubling of fees etc. is completely out of line. I'm due in May to get my car certified and I was going to have it done at the Grove. The way I figure 170.00 to get in I guess and another 150.00 for cert. = 320.00 just to start. It's a burden for me right now. Something need to be done.

Pat I.
SG1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Than suggestions of what we can do to fix this is welcome.....What do you all suggest / come up with that will help us relay our disapproval of NHRA's Decisions.

If we get some good suggestions we may all bond together and have a meeting at a race to verbally discuss the plans at someones trailer.

Lets get some good ideas flowing
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: D1 NHRA Boycott?

They all come from the Ohio , Indiana racers not ILL.lol
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I agree something needs to be done, but like already mentioned a divisonal race will only hurt the track NHRA gets thier fee weather one car shows up or a thousand.

Best place to make a statement to the NHRA is Indy.

Another suggestion is flood the divisonal offices with e-mails and phone calls in dissaproval, E-mail member services in California, contact the sportsman advisory members, but it is doubtfull anything will come of any of this short of a TOTAL SPORTSMAN BOYCOT, One event may give them a sign, but several in a row will get thier attention for sure, lets see how they pay the "PROS" without the sportsman $$$.
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oops

Last edited by Bryan Gillespie; 04-11-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Sportsman racers will never get together and unite about anything. A simple example of how racers disagree on this very topic can be found right here on Classracer in the S/SS section. Throw in the "friction" that is often exhibited by some S/SS racers toward some of the other classes..... and all I can say is forgetaboutit !!!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
Lou SG2340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maple Grove or E Town would be the Nationals to boycot. I don't think boycoting a Div race would get NHRA's attention
Lou SG2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Duane Dagostino

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: D1 NHRA Boycott?

Waiting until E-town or Indy is too late to make a statement about decisions made this week,if a protest should be made,do it in Atlanta at the National Event,a Divisional won't get the press coverage...there are a few ways to do it,but it should be organized ,not a mob scene..it worked in the 60's!!,,you have to have a spokesman not a group yelling all at once...just a thought ,if they raised prices as they did but also put more round money up at the same time there would be no bitching ,like the extra 1 mil for the pro's could have been 750 for them and an extra 250 for us!!
Duane Dagostino is offline   Reply With Quote