HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Indy Weather

Just looked at the forecast for Indy this weekend and it doesn't look good. Saturdays high is supposed to be 43 and it is supposed to rain. I hope it changes before then. If the forecase doesn't get any better I doubt we will waste the fuel to drive out there.
TS310C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Indy Weather

If the weather forecast is half close the west side of the pits will be a mess...........

gd31 did ya take a look on that side to see if water is laying around ?
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd31 View Post
It's to early to tell anything from the forcast.....As far as track conditions, there were no problems this past weekend. Traction was very good, alot of fast dragsters getting down with no problems.
I agree that the forecast will probably change 6 times before the weekend. However if it doesn't end up showing higher than 40's on Sat we won't be going. As high as fuel is, it is not worth it to take a chance. I will just have to keep an eye on the forecast this week and see what it does. Too bad it isn't going to be as nice as it was this last weekend. That would have been perfect!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

I went on a local news channel website in Indy and checked what they say about the weather and it is not good. I will watch the weather and Thursday i will choose on what i am going to do. looks like the only good day will be Saturday right now.
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTRACER323 View Post
I went on a local news channel website in Indy and checked what they say about the weather and it is not good. I will watch the weather and Thursday i will choose on what i am going to do. looks like the only good day will be Saturday right now.

Lee,

That is kind of the opposite of what weather.com was saying. They had saturday as the coldest day. This really sucks, we have been busting our but to have everything ready for this race. Worked on the firebird yesterday and we are about 1 hour away from firing it up. I am ready to go!

Later,
Ryan
Old 04-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

This past weekend it was great weather. Next weekend looks questionable.
We were there Saturday. First pass the dragster went up on the tires at about 400 feet and shook the rest the way. Second pass we made a full 1/4 mile pass skating from 400' on. Car still ran 7.68 @ 173. The slow cars didn't seem to have the moving around like the dragsters had. I talked to several guys that were running 4.90's (1/8) and they said the same thing. By the first round it seemed ok but it started getting cold when the sun went down. I did not go Sunday but heard it was better. I was told they switched to the VP traction compound and was trying to get it tuned in. Hopefully the weather men are wrong and we get it in.
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are saying in the SS section that there is standing water in the west side pit area. If they get the rain they are supposed to this week it won't matter if it is nice enough to race this weekend or not. They wont be able to get anyone in and out of the pit area.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ryan,

I went to Byron on Saturday, Jeff Sperling and Jim Gerakeris where there with their dragsters. They could only do 60ft's, the starting line was very bad. Pulling up rubber on the burnout and launch. anything after 330 was even worse. Water coming up from under the rubber.
I made 1 full pass about 5:30pm i went 10.39 @ 125 and spun on the launch and had to get out of it.
I got sick Saturday night and had to leave, they where scrapping the track on Saturday night and i would have loved to run Sunday.

I looked up a local tv news station in Indy... Channel 8 i think it was and went to the weather section.
I will do it again Wednesday night and go from there

I am glad to here you are close to running Ryan,
Not many T/S guys here are, Brian Brown is still putting his car together,
Tim Kirman will not be ready to go, Rick Sojka, Mike Radtke, Jim Tacchia, Tony Griz.... all not ready yet.

If they have the race i will look you up,
Old 04-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just got this from channel 8 in Indy

Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does part of our entrance fee go to pulling trucks & trailers out of the mud or our we on our own? Sunday morn at 33 deg doesn't look to good for 1st round for S/ST or 2nd round for all others........
Looking worse all the time!
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote