Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #21
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: 68 ford cylinder head flow numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP HUNTER View Post
Heres the flow sheets on Kips 289 heads. Tested on a SF 600 sealed 4.00 bore @ 28 inches. I also have a (289) flow test from another well know Super Stock head porter as well peaking @ 215 CFM.
I will tell you that my brother worked a lot with Kip when putting together his 289 combo a few years back. Straight from Kip's mouth his quickest ET 289 heads only flowed 195ish.. I can't remember at what lift he said that was at, but he said he had a lot of heads he did that flowed bigger numbers but none we as fast as that particular set.. there is WAY more to having a better head that straight flow numbers. It's an easy barometer to know if your in the ball game but just because you can get a head to peak out 20 cfm higher at it's best doesn't make it a better head that the lower flow one...
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:26 PM   #22
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: 68 ford cylinder head flow numbers

Not sure what Kip told your brother, but I can assure you Kips last record setting engine had the heads in the second flow sheet I posted. Your brother should know Kip worked out of my and my former partners shop the last years of his life. Verified flow although isn't everything, but on a sorted out car such as a Super Stock or Stock you can bet more flow through the intake tract almost always equals more HP from what I've seen. If you think 217 is high you surely don't want to get into what 520 283 Super Stock head flows. 195 ish @ 400 lift..........

Last edited by HP HUNTER; 12-17-2019 at 10:28 AM.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote