HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
Alan Nyhus
VIP Member

Liked 761 Times in 225 Posts
Default What Stock rules would you change?

While keeping the basic premise of 'Stock' and not morphing into Super Stockers, what Stock rules would you like to see changed?

Think about things that would make the cars easier to build, certain areas less costly, allow for a bit more experimentation and make the cars safer.

OK, I'll start:
- Relax the rules on oil pans
- Allow spacers, etc. between the carb(s) and intake
Old 11-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: What Stock rules would you change?

Those to me look exactly like Superstock mods.

I would freeze the rules and focus more on at least more random checks as noted elsewhere. The fact that a racer ran a bracket engine enough to qualify for the all stars shows the need for more enforcement.

Also, consider some hp changes outside of AHFS as needed.

I think the safety aspect revolves mainly around supercharged copo drag pack CJ cars. On the whole, I think the majority of stockers are very safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Nyhus View Post
While keeping the basic premise of 'Stock' and not morphing into Super Stockers, what Stock rules would you like to see changed?

Think about things that would make the cars easier to build, certain areas less costly, allow for a bit more experimentation and make the cars safer.

OK, I'll start:
- Relax the rules on oil pans
- Allow spacers, etc. between the carb(s) and intake
Old 11-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
DYER

Liked 181 Times in 46 Posts

roller lifters for all engines no more broke lifters or worn out camshafts less engine blow ups
DYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #4
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

I would make everything legal. Everything. Guys could race fuel funny cars in Stock. No tech at all. Pit wherever you want. An award for the best wheel lock-up smoke at the finish line. Crossing the centerline actually earns championship points. Red-lights earn one "do-over". Blowers on cars that didn't come with a blower. Any car produced anywhere in the world legal for stock (e.g. Lada, Alfa-Romeo, Trabant, Saab, FIAT). Any engine in any chassis, including Briggs & Stratton. Any fuel allowed, including diesel and JP-7. Competitors can enter up to 5 cars at a single event. Burnouts across the starting line. Passengers/pets allowed. Fiberglass/carbon fiber anywhere. Hood scoops allowed. And then, of course, rationalize all of this with lower cost, better safety, more fan interest, and "it's going to happen over time, anyway, so let's just do it now".
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
I would make everything legal. Everything. Guys could race fuel funny cars in Stock. No tech at all. Pit wherever you want. An award for the best wheel lock-up smoke at the finish line. Crossing the centerline actually earns championship points. Red-lights earn one "do-over". Blowers on cars that didn't come with a blower. Any car produced anywhere in the world legal for stock (e.g. Lada, Alfa-Romeo, Trabant, Saab, FIAT). Any engine in any chassis, including Briggs & Stratton. Any fuel allowed, including diesel and JP-7. Competitors can enter up to 5 cars at a single event. Burnouts across the starting line. Passengers/pets allowed. Fiberglass/carbon fiber anywhere. Hood scoops allowed. And then, of course, rationalize all of this with lower cost, better safety, more fan interest, and "it's going to happen over time, anyway, so let's just do it now".
The slippery slope just became the 100 meter ski jump!
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
Rod Greene

Liked 203 Times in 72 Posts

Allow everyone to run an aluminum drive shaft.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Allow Deep Staging!
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #8
Terry Cain

Liked 222 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYER View Post
roller lifters for all engines no more broke lifters or worn out camshafts less engine blow ups
Makes since to me. Equals out the old with the new. Also, lockup converters. Again, equals out the old with the new.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 PM   #9
Casey Miles

Liked 444 Times in 83 Posts

Roller cams and 5 speed transmissions, lets really equal out the fields.

Casey Miles
Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:03 PM   #10
doug schriener

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
Hi-Sounds like fun-Don't even look under the hood-Put whatever class ya want on the windshield.
doug schriener is offline   Reply With Quote