HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #1
Chasmanjr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ken Bowers Update

I figured this would be the easiest way to let everyone know how Dad is doing. Some of you may not know that around Christmas time dad was diagnosed with tonsil cancer. The prognosis is great but he has had to undergo 35 radiation treatments and five chemo trips to kill it. At 1:15 today he goes in for the final shot of radiation. This life saving treatment has wrecked his neck. The radiation has been so hard on him that he has been hospitalized for the last two weeks so they could control the pain, and help with the burns around his neck. I have never been through something like this and hope I never have to again. It has really been hard watching the strongest man I know debilitated to such a weak point.

But onto the good news. The cancer dad has is slow growing and has not spread to anywhere else in his body. They say this should cure it with no real chance of reoccurrence. So tomorrow starts his first day of rehab with them moving him back to Paulding hospital from Parkview so he can be closer to everyone.

As you can imagine this has really beat him down and I was hoping his friends from the racing community could help cheer him up a bit. If you would like to add to the mountain of cards that mom reads him each day please just send them to Advanced Chassis 107 Victory Lane Antwerp, Ohio 45813. Of if you are more tech savvy and want drop him a text (I like to send him funny memes) his number is 419-786-9302. Please send messages only as he can't really talk right now.

I know he is trying to get rehabbed enough to make it to this years Horsepower Holiday Event May 5th-7th in Paulding. If anyone would like to stop in the event and say hi, please get a hold of my wife Traci at traci@advancedchassisllc.net and we'll provide free tickets to any of his friends that would like to spend time with him.

Have a great racing season, be safe, and make sure you do your cancer screenings!!!
Dan

Last edited by Chasmanjr; 04-22-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Chasmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote