HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts
Default Live from GALOT

Well this is going to be my last live from report. I started this to try and generate some interest in the.90 racing forum.There just is not enough interest in or response to the reports to keep it going so enjoy this one. Here are some travel photos. You see some of the coolest old homes riding around.

You see all kind of things going down the road.

I said it was raining here(run forest run)

Our good friends Miss Cindy and Termite took Rusty&Theresa Cook and Teresa and I to Gregory Vineyards for a great dinner. Thanks

Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Default Re: Live from GALOT

I was wrong about the time run schedule and we just found out all of todays activities have been canceled due to cold temps and high winds (good call). Tomorrow we get 3 time runs.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
TimKGillespie

Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts

Robbie,

I hate to hear that you are giving up, but certainly understand. I for one have enjoyed your posts, especially the non-race track activity and pics. It is nice to follow along vicariously from home or work. But there aren't too many .90 racers drawn to a forum called "Class Racer" - and very few folks race a stocker and a .90 car like my wife and I do.

Tell Rusty and Theresa that Julie and I say hello. We are jealous. We hope to be able to travel and race someday after we retire in a few years.

Good luck this weekend...

Tim Gillespie
TimKGillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
SC1448

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Live from GALOT

Thanks for the report Robbie, I appreciate you taking the time to post. We hoped to make it down there to GALOT this year but, unforeseen circumstances got in the way so, as they say, there's always next year! Hopefully, they will be able to seal the deal for the last piece of ground to make it a full 1/4 mile event by then.
-Don Bangs

Last edited by SC1448; 04-07-2017 at 04:02 PM.
SC1448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Tim and Don thanks, I'm thinking of a face book .90 page its much easier to post photos too.
Here's a few more left over travel photos and some from SGMP.

Got to see my old buddy Billy Crenshaw, its been a couple years.

Last edited by Robbie Welch; 04-07-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
Marty Hignight

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts

Good luck this weekend Robbie, a lot of us do follow these but don't always comment. Thank you for the live froms you have done. Hopefully we will see you in Lebanon Valley if you go. Keep us posted on the Facebook thing
Old 04-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #7
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

I agree. I enjoy the posts, I've had to miss the races at SGMP as well as GOLOT. I miss my racing family but having to relocate my business prevents me from doing much racing this year. Good luck. How is the car count this year. Last year It wasn't very good. Hopefully, like what was said in an earlier post, they can get the track to 1/4 mile
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
dragracer9911

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Good Morning Robbie and Theresa.

I don't think you know how many of us follow you, Larry Hill, Ken Meihle, and other's.
Of course, I don't race a .90 class (hell, right now I'm not racing at all), but I do follow you because I know you and Theresa, I count you as a friend and really enjoy both your on track and off track photos and commentary.
We live and follow the sport thru folks like you and the for mentioned above.
I am happy for you to have worked hard all your life and now be able to get a way each late winter/early spring, go south and sight see and race.
I know that you had a real good year last year and this year has stared a little rough, but I ( and I think you do too) racing as much for the people that I have met over the 45 to 50 years since we started at Budds Creek in 1966 or Aquasco before that as a child.
So don't think that some of us aren't living/racing through you and Theresa's adventures and that we appreciate all your efforts.

Thank-you so much, Tom Sr.
dragracer9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #9
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Thanks Robbie for your posts on here and it does stink that this is your last one that you will be doing. I think there is interest for the most part it's just when there is not a lot too talk about on the .90 forms that isn't controversial so people tune out. I think the last time we really had a buzz going on this form was the original .90 Nationals and some of the bad seeds that were 'shown to the door" by Ken. You go over to the Stk/SS form and it's a buzz with rule changes, who got dinged for index, etc and what You, Larry, Jack & Ken do with their live reports are great also it's just I guess you could say we don't have a lot of issues in our classes. Hate to see it stop but, understand it. Thanks Robbie, hope to see you at a few races this season.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Thanks for all the kind works, I'm considering a face book .90 page we'll see. The car count here is pretty good S/St is the lowest at 18 Sg has 28 and stock and SS are well represented 30 or more would be my guess. I'll try to find the real numbers later.