HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Greenlight

Liked 70 Times in 18 Posts
Default Rackpak V300SD programming cable wiring

1st problem - Lost the Racepak V300SD programming cable, which has a 9 pin RS 232 connector on one end and a 3.5mm "stereo jack" style connector on the other end.

2nd problem - My latest computer does not have an RS 232, 9 pin provision.

3rd problem - I ordered a cable from Racepak and received a cable for a V500 system, which does not have the 3.5 mm plug on one end, but does have a USB connector for the computer.

4th problem - Leaving in the morning for the division race in Ennis.

Question - Can anyone check their V300 SD programming cable and tell me which pin on the RS232 connector go to each of the 3 sections of the 3.5mm jack connector?

I called Racepak and they would not give me the information. They did offer to overnight a correct cable to the race track. I respectfully declined their offer.

If anyone could use an ohm meter and tell me which pin goes to which section of the jack I would greatly appreciate it.

I will use that information to fabricate a USB to 3.5mm jack cable and save myself hundreds of dollars in the process.

Thanks,
Greenlight is offline   Reply With Quote