HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #11
KThomas

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Woodburn LODRS ???

Yea Sean. I Agree. Rumor has it, Drama did happen ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????..... But WHO Won ???? Has the results and ladder been destroyed due to this ????????????
KThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #12
Bob Smith

Liked 129 Times in 33 Posts

*Second hand only*

Joe Sorenson beat Mick Alley but something wrong with the indexes. Not sure if too high or too low for one car?

Cody Lane beat Sean Cour but then was disqualified for cheating for having an illegal carb (too large) and that gave the win back to Cour.
Bob Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #13
Cody Lane

Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts

To address the drama on the SS end, I was DQ’d for having too large of carburetor for SS/BS in the final round. I made the poor decision to swap carbs before the final. We slowed 10 hundredths in the first round of the shoot-out, so we tried a few things and slowed 3 more hundredths in the second and figured we had a problem – especially since we took out weight, a timing curve and swapped to a smaller tire….we should have been picking up by a lot but people kept red lighting so we were still in. Right, wrong or indifferent we attempted this knowing this was a completely separate race not connected with the divisional. Our fuel curve was all over, and we wanted to make sure it was not the carb and that is was, in fact, the engine going away.

Again, I made the wrong decision and accept the DQ. Christopher Cour / the Cour Family are the outright winners here and deservedly so. I don’t have a spare carb that can fit in this class, as it was destroyed in the fire to start the year, however, I can run this carb in SS/CM. With that, the carb proved to not be the problem as we again slowed in the final, and ended up swapping engines after the round.

The reason we did this was because I was chasing the division championship (poorly I might add) and I didn’t want to break in an engine on Saturday with us going right into eliminations after one hit. I was hoping it was the carb and not the engine, because we could come up with options if that was the case. There were a lot of other things we could have done, but with little time and only having one more qualifying pass the next day, I made that call. We never tried to hide it either. When asked by the starter, and by tech, we told them we changed carbs and they confirmed that. They checked the carb, it was too big, and they made the call after that.

This was done in the shoot-race; I have spoken with both the Gaynor's and NHRA and agree 100% with the ruling.

I hope that clears things up.

Cody Lane
Cody Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #14
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lane View Post
To address the drama on the SS end, I was DQ’d for having too large of carburetor for SS/BS in the final round. I made the poor decision to swap carbs before the final. We slowed 10 hundredths in the first round of the shoot-out, so we tried a few things and slowed 3 more hundredths in the second and figured we had a problem – especially since we took out weight, a timing curve and swapped to a smaller tire….we should have been picking up by a lot but people kept red lighting so we were still in. Right, wrong or indifferent we attempted this knowing this was a completely separate race not connected with the divisional. Our fuel curve was all over, and we wanted to make sure it was not the carb and that is was, in fact, the engine going away.

Again, I made the wrong decision and accept the DQ. Christopher Cour / the Cour Family are the outright winners here and deservedly so. I don’t have a spare carb that can fit in this class, as it was destroyed in the fire to start the year, however, I can run this carb in SS/CM. With that, the carb proved to not be the problem as we again slowed in the final, and ended up swapping engines after the round.

The reason we did this was because I was chasing the division championship (poorly I might add) and I didn’t want to break in an engine on Saturday with us going right into eliminations after one hit. I was hoping it was the carb and not the engine, because we could come up with options if that was the case. There were a lot of other things we could have done, but with little time and only having one more qualifying pass the next day, I made that call. We never tried to hide it either. When asked by the starter, and by tech, we told them we changed carbs and they confirmed that. They checked the carb, it was too big, and they made the call after that.

This was done in the shoot-race; I have spoken with both the Gaynor's and NHRA and agree 100% with the ruling.

I hope that clears things up.

Cody Lane
thanks for being honest and a stand up guy
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #15
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
thanks for being honest and a stand up guy
Times 2
Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #16
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

Kudos Cody for addressing it. Knew there was much more to it after seeing how you and your Dad always conduct yourselves. First class racers to be sure.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote