Default ihra/nhra

http://www.ihra.com/article/730.html

nice article for sportsman to think about

Ace Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

I personally thanked Mike for making the call at Mooresville even though it didn't work out best for me it was the best call for the racer. Even if the sun had been out all day Sunday given the information they had on Saturday they made the right call. I was only 80 miles from home so if it had rained out for me going back wasn't that big of a deal. Thanks again Mike and Mark for looking out for the racer.

Herb Jr

herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
smokey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kind of interesting the way IHRA likes to bash another sanctioning body.
Sounds typical for the low class IHRA management.
Yea, lets compare a second rate division event in the bush league to a national event in the major leauge.
If it wasn't for Mike Baker, they may as well close the doors. He is the only thing holding sportsman racing together in that mess called IHRA.

smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
classof65

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I feel like maybe the folks that are so hard on IHRA and so gung ho NHRA actually look down upon racers that choose to run IHRA. There isn't anything really "bush league" about IHRA sportsman racing. If you think those of us who participate are such second rate folks, why not meet us at some track somewhere and race us index vs. index for some interesting wager.

I think IHRA is working hard to secure the sportsman racer and I appreciate what they do. We have been teched in both bodies and the IHRA tech we got for the record at Clay CIty was more extensive than the fabled WESLEY tech we got at Ohio Valley....

We may be second rate, but I'd almost bet we can go as far under the index as you Smokey...

Peace, Rev. Mopar - David Koopman.

classof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
ol pig

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sometimes the obvious or the truth really hurts eh smokey?
Ya dickhead closet nhra glendora staffer!

ol pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I posted this in the .90 section before I saw this thread. Someone give us an answer to this question. I think this would be over the top even for NHRA, but lately I don't think anything they did would surprise me.

I just read it in the article, but is it true? The sportsman racers were told they would be fined $250 for trying to leave the facility with "their own property"???? That sounds like a field day for a lawyer if I ever heard of one. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Joe Pinkston
2155 S/ST

Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
classof65

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's a new one.... Now you have to pay to leave? WOW... Gotta be more to the story than that... What do you mean -fined $250 for taking your own property? Put it in context or we'll have WAY too much fun with this one....

Peace, Rev. Mopar

classof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read the IHRA letter. Wasnt @ either race, but it is obvious IHRA is much more cosiderate of the ones who bring them the most money.
As far as anyone or any sanction being a second rate, that is the goofiest thing I have ever heard! I live in a part of the country where I can and do race both, (IHRA and NHRA), the competition is the same, the people, the cars are the same, the only difference is the staff and the facility.

I have never had a bad experience @ either, well, except for the 2 years in a row @ Columbus when I had to have a tractor pul my motor home, trailer and race car out of a lake. Many people can only race a particular sanction according to what part of th country they live in. So no one should be judged for there racing ability by where they choose to live. If you do, and you race the so called second class racer in your mind, you most likely will get a good ol *** kicken on the track!

Smoky, You are an ***!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rev. Mopar;

What I mean is this. It is my race car, my trailer and my tow vehichle....and I am going to be fined $250 for trying to leave the race track with "my property"???

Didn't mean to cause any misunderstanding.

Joe Pinkston
2155 S/ST

Old 04-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
Bushwacker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The terms Extortion & Kidnapping come to mind!!!! Tell me I have to pay you
$250 to leave? A call to the FBI could have cured that !!
My car broke week before Houston & I had to cancel my entry...I hafta say Im glad it broke. I dont think Ive ever heard anything good about that track.
If they have that much trouble with mud, they need to leave NHRA & start running Mud Bogs & Monster Trucks.

Ford-Lite
Half the Cylinders & No Carbs
Bushwacker is offline   Reply With Quote