HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Cars: Classifieds

Old 10-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts
Default 1979 AMC Spirit - Roller - O, P, Q/SA

Two months ago I moved from NJ to Houston. The car is still in NJ and needs an engine freshening, but I haven't had the time or money to deal with it.

I have two sets of stocker heads, two blocks, two intakes. Needs pistons, rings, and cam / lifters but I have the specs so you can compare notes and do it your way. Before moving to TX I purchased a 304 crank that will need machining. (In my prior ad I stated that it needs one, but found one last-minute before moving).

In addition, I have a set of AMC "517" heads that could be used on a 290 SS/GT motor because I was heavily considering running SS. (I also picked these up before departing for TX).

This car was as good as 13.30s a few years ago, though typically it would run 13.50's.

The car has a roll-bar, but will need belts as the ones in there were good until October 2014. It has a fuel cell and weight box in the hatch-back area. Jegs racing wheels (New 26 inch Hoosier slicks as of Charlotte 4-Wide Nationals in April 2013). 5.16 gears with a spool (posi went back in 2010 and was cheaper / quicker to throw in a spool).

The last time this car was run was the Englishtown LODRS in September 2013.

The car has a history of being competitive. Bub Miller won the 2000 Topeka Nationals in O/SA dialing the index (I believe that was 13.45 at that point in time). http://dragracecentral.com/DRCPhoto....ilter=Year2000

I bought the car from Eric and Scott Pearson from up in Minnesota. Eric was competitive in the IHRA with this car.

Picture from Charlotte here: http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...ht=zmax&page=3

Can e-mail pictures if you are interested. Cannot deliver but car is in the care of a friend and I would be willing to fly up to NJ if you show up with the cash.

$6,000 or best offer for rolling chassis and spares.