HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Factory Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts
Default New Manufacturers in Stock and Super Stock

The Roush P51 and Stage 3 Mustang have been in the NHRA books since 2009.

Now Saleen is submitting their paper work to NHRA for approval of their S281 and S331 for Stock and Super Stock. Are these cars eligible for the Factory Stock / FS class?

We are almost done with the build of this Saleen car so Indy can approve it.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
goinbroke2

Liked 170 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: New Manufacturers in Stock and Super Stock

Holy freaking shamoly!! That Saleen is beautiful!

As long as 50 is built? Thinking that way it really opens up as to who can list a car doesn't it? It's awesome to see all the "factory's" competing for bragging rights.
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
Holy freaking shamoly!! That Saleen is beautiful!

As long as 50 is built? Thinking that way it really opens up as to who can list a car doesn't it? It's awesome to see all the "factory's" competing for bragging rights.
This is a production car, way over 50 made!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
goinbroke2

Liked 170 Times in 56 Posts

Oh I know, what I'm saying is, it never even dawned on me that "little" manufacturers could get in the guide. But, technically if all it takes is 50 minimum..that really makes you think. Yes the Saleen has been out/on sale for years as has the roush, just never occurred to me that they might be in the guide. I think it's awesome, the more the merrier. I'd assume then lingenfelter vehicles could get in the guide as well as other smaller manufacturers too if they wanted. (maybe they're already there, I don't know as that's chebby stuff LOL!)
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
Oh I know, what I'm saying is, it never even dawned on me that "little" manufacturers could get in the guide. But, technically if all it takes is 50 minimum..that really makes you think. Yes the Saleen has been out/on sale for years as has the roush, just never occurred to me that they might be in the guide. I think it's awesome, the more the merrier. I'd assume then lingenfelter vehicles could get in the guide as well as other smaller manufacturers too if they wanted. (maybe they're already there, I don't know as that's chebby stuff LOL!)

We race for Saleen with the NMRA/NMCA series and now that we have dedicated our attention to the NHRA they are following!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
rawhide

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Jim,
Do you know if Saleen is going to be listed as a separate manufacturer or piggy back on the Ford section like Roush did?
Saleen was manufacturing the S7 from scratch and I don't believe that Roush has ever done a product from the ground up. There would be advantages to being listed as a manufacturer. I do not know how many cars they build now. I hope that all goes well for them as their business model has been up and down and in constant state of flux for years. If they build over 500 Mustangs a year they should try to be listed as a separate manufacturer.
regards, Roland
rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote