HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
7881 Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 7881 Chris
Default Did we all catch this one? NHRA national event online registration changes for 2008

Go figure they tell us this change at the end of the season.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/25685.htm

The online registration process will begin two weeks earlier for 2008 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series national events. The online registration system on NHRA.com will open 10 weeks prior to the national event for those competitors who have a total of 8 grade points. For competitors with 7 grade points, the online registration system will open nine (9) weeks prior to the national event. Competitors with 6 or fewer grade points the registration system will open as follows:

6 Grade Points – 8 Weeks

5 Grade Points – 7 Weeks

4 Grade Points – 5 Weeks

3 Grade Points – 4 Weeks

2 Grade Points – 3 Weeks

1 Grade Point – 2 Weeks

Withdrawals will be accepted up to noon Pacific Time Monday the week of the event, and entries will continue to be accepted (if under quota) up to 1 p.m. Pacific Time Monday. The online national event registration system on NHRA.com will close at 1 p.m. Pacific Time Monday; no additional entries will be accepted.

Last edited by 7881 Chris; 11-16-2007 at 11:52 AM.
7881 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Did we all catch this one? NHRA national event online registration changes for 20

Hope this does not confuse this post but -

Do not forget the "18 year old rule"

I found out officially -

Andy who has beend driving since he was 8 and been the junior champ

Won Fontana divisional this year

Just competed at the November Pomona National meet

Has competed at atleast a half a dozen other National meets (semis in Seattle)

Ended up 4th in the division

CAN NOT enter the up coming Pomona meet or Phoenix national either

He will not be 18 until March 7th

No provision for "grandfathering in" or exception or wavier (so far)

Since he is in the hunt for the Jegs AllStar points - would be nice to be able to at least run Phoenix, the week before the divisional - like the rest of his competitors

Also these are the two closest races to our home

Guess in the long run it will save money

This may only be a problem for us so - excuse the venting

I have spoken to countless people and they can not believ this (even NHRA officials)

It is part of some tabaco settlement for the PROs

Last edited by Andys dad; 11-15-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Andys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
Tim Kish

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Did we all catch this one? NHRA national event online registration changes for 20

Since not even Indy filled at 6 grade points I can't see any competitor benefiting from this change - I does give NHRA a couple more weeks to sit on your money if you get to enter earlier now.

The age 18 thing is a joke - I am sure it satisfies some lawyer but since the sport is supposed to be promoted such a family sport it brings in some irony. Your 10 year old can sit in the stands and cheer for the Skoal car (which will still be there) and they can give out samples on the midway so who are they "protecting" by not letting a minor compete?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
Tom Briggs7100

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Grade Points Are Stupid

Why not just race 2008 IHRA National Events & enter at the gate the day of the race ???
Tom Briggs7100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
Gary Smith

Liked 125 Times in 26 Posts

What a crock of ****!!! I now know Guess that means I'll be locked out of any NHRA national event until 2009. I'm ready to put the stocker up for sale (if it's still worth anything) and go nostalgia racing, as long as the NHRA slimeballs are nowhere to be seen. The NHRA PIG is happy with us as long as we keep feeding it with our hard earned money.

Before I have to hear "how many races have you entered" and "keyboard racer" bull****, here's my response: I have the car...I've run the car...I've spent every spare dime I have on it...I've given NHRA money....and still have nothing to show for it. Those who want to start the "when you start racing as much as me" crap, well....again, here's my answer...you've given the NHRA PIG WAY MORE than me, and you still come up just as short since we will all be in the same boat. That is, not part of NHRA "Pro" events (what is now known as national events).

For the other 95% of you who understand my point, I think we share the same sentiments...the day where I could pit with everyone, enjoy everyone's company, and be part of what I've always thought was the best form of drag racing, was the day I always looked forward to. I always dreamed of having a series of those oval shaped "contestant" stickers on my car. It's a real shame, thanks to a circle of jackasses who make up what NHRA now stands for. What was once my "Field Of Dreams" has now become the Don Schumacher-Tom Compton-John Force wasteland, gradually being whored away chunk by chunk to corporate America.
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 322 Times in 118 Posts

mistake.

Last edited by David Lee; 11-16-2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: mistake
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
Blackgar

Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts

What do the entry stats for 2007 have to do with "08" ??
Blackgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 AM   #8
Bushwacker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dont Sugar Coat it tell us what you really think Gary!!
Bushwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

The new system seems to me to reward their best customers.I got a 9 grade and in div. 1 thats probably middle of the pack.Only ran one Nat. (Maple Grove).That's
what my budget can take.
BTW Gary how many times did you race this year?If youspent 1/2 as much time racing as you do whinning on the internet you're grade points would probably be a 15.
So sell you're stocker and go nostalgia racing and then things dont work out the way you want get back on Class Racer and tell us what's wrong with Noatalgia racing.

Ed F.
NHRA #1945
IHRA #15
T/SA
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #10
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

My guess is that you must be an adult (18 years) to enter into a contract.