HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #81
Ryan Horensky

Liked 109 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Sorenson 1.408 under at Boise

Ed,

My dad has raced at Numidia Dragway since 1971. There have never been wooden scales there. They were concrete in 1971 and also concrete in 1997 when I started driving. Actually we have adjusted our traction bars on the scale there because it is one of the most level places to do so. You must be thinking of another track.

Ryan Horensky
B/SA 1273
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #82
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Horensky View Post
Ed,

My dad has raced at Numidia Dragway since 1971. There have never been wooden scales there. They were concrete in 1971 and also concrete in 1997 when I started driving. Actually we have adjusted our traction bars on the scale there because it is one of the most level places to do so. You must be thinking of another track.

Ryan Horensky
B/SA 1273
Ryan,must be CRS.Thought the scales were wood.Irregardless 40# light doesn't sound like an over sight.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #83
Tommy Gaynor

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Ed, Get away with what? Who saw what? After 10 pages of bitching and moaning I have never heard who saw what! I guess it is Like a John F. Kennedy deal. The "Magic Water" that made them 40lbs light.

Tommy Gaynor
Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #84
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gaynor View Post
Ed, Get away with what? Who saw what? After 10 pages of bitching and moaning I have never heard who saw what! I guess it is Like a John F. Kennedy deal. The "Magic Water" that made them 40lbs light.

Tommy Gaynor
Tommy, Are you saying it might have been witnessed by The Grassy Knoll Gunmen? Hey, that's a good name for a rock group.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #85
Charlie Ford

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been following this deal since it started. I've held my comments back as I've watched what was being said. The fact that it's gotten into a "Who was there" gun slinging deal is what has prompted me to make my comment, because it bothers me that different racers would attack each other over something that they did, or didn't, witness. The bottom line is that different Div. react differently. This has been a touchy subject with me for many years. I have been in conference calls, discussions, letters, etc. regarding these problems for 30 yrs. The bottom line is that, in Div.4, "if" a car ran far enough under to trigger "anything" , then it counts PERIOD!! This all started several years ago for different reasons, but that's another story.
My personal problem, as I said, is racer's attacking other racers who have no knowledge of what actually happened. In my opinion, if he did go that fast, I don't care what the scenario, then it counts, unless he's tore down and found to be illegal.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #86
west coast

Liked 129 Times in 49 Posts

How many people witness this? I know of a few that were there and witnessed this. Out of all the witnesses how many come to this forum? Not all of them. How many will say they did witnesses this on a forum like this? There should be a poll of all the stockers on the qualifying sheet who did see nothing, who saw it happen that will put a name down, and who saw it that will not say there name. There are allot of people on the west coast that are pissed about this do nothing approach by nhra. That car is fast and many more in the country like it are at the top of the sheets. This combo needs HP
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #87
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by west coast View Post
How many people witness this? I know of a few that were there and witnessed this. Out of all the witnesses how many come to this forum? Not all of them. How many will say they did witnesses this on a forum like this? There should be a poll of all the stockers on the qualifying sheet who did see nothing, who saw it happen that will put a name down, and who saw it that will not say there name. There are allot of people on the west coast that are pissed about this do nothing approach by nhra. That car is fast and many more in the country like it are at the top of the sheets. This combo needs HP
yea because they can just slaughter the old shelby's and new cobra jets................... there are two or three cars of that combo that are stupid fast. But that combo getting hit will just result in alot of people having to spend a ton of money. that being said NHRA should either hit it, or suspend Sorensen, if the story is true (which i have heard it is, from a very reliable source)
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #88
Steve Hagberg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, I'd like to say that this is not the NHRA official site for making determinations of legality in cases like this. Just because all the information regarding what happended hasn't been posted here doesn't mean that it hasn't been communicated to Div. 6 and Glendora. I have heard from a reliable source that this issue will be discussed this Friday, probably in Bristol, by NHRA tech, and a decision will be made. After that, I will post what I know in talking with a witness who saw the entire thing, from start to finish so that you can draw your own conclusions as to how this has been handled. By the way, I know the Sorenson's and think they are very smart and capable racers. If when all the story has been told here, I would encourage bsa633 to respond and correct any bad information. Let's let the process proceed for now. And by the way, I agree with Charlie Ford that rules enforcement and consistency is critical to making this whole thing work for everyone.

Last edited by Steve Hagberg; 05-13-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling error
Steve Hagberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #89
Neal Derochie

Liked 34 Times in 8 Posts

Steve Hagberg post makes resonable sense , the problem is NHRA could and should step up in these situations and just say ,This event is under review and all partys with pertinant information are asked to contact so an so at Nhra a decision will be forth coming by such and such date. seems to me that it isn't all that difficult, NHRA has used site like this before when it was to there advantage, could ease a lot of tension IMO.

Neal Derochie
Neal Derochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #90
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All of these reliable sources with no names. You guys sound like a bunch of CNN reporters and you can't believe them most of the time. Give up the sources. Has anyone contacted Div. 6 Tech. about your concerns?
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote