HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-04-2017, 09:44 AM   #11
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 699 Times in 203 Posts
Default Re: clutch and trans info

Regardless of which transmission you choose ,be prepared to make a major modification to the left side of the tunnel for the shifter and linkage .
You will also need to fabricate substantially longer linkage and shifter mounting bracket .
Depending on your choice of bellhousing you may need to clearance the large firewall reinforcement above it .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1622 (1).JPG
Views:	306
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	43176   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1632.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	43177  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #12
Dirk Olson

Liked 126 Times in 33 Posts

Call Brian for the bell. Rob for the clutch The twin disc is fast and is a lot more forgiving then a lot of people think. Trans, Jerico owners in the Midwest had a rough year for reliability and breakage. Right G-force appears to be the trans of choice. I know that the guys on the mountain are running the g-force split apart. but does not run 1:1 in high. not sure how that is effected on the efficiency side (maybe some one more knowledgeable can respond to that). Liberty was talked to about a split apart 4spd similar to the 5spd but are at this not interested at this time.

What I can tell you is this. To be fast it will take work to stay on top of it. Get a computer and install an input sensor so that you can monitor your clutch separation and slippage. but it will be the best fun you have ever had, it is a hoot! nothing like shifting into 2nd gear when all you see is blue sky!

Dirk Olson
A/S 5036
Old 10-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #13
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbreeden View Post
Putting a stick in my Drag Pak this winter, who has the best clutch setup? Best transmission? Looking at G-Force for the transmission, any thoughts on this?

Dennis Breeden
FSS/K
Call Cale Aronson at BlackMagicClutches for the clutch. I just got my nex gen from him it's a work of art. Awesome piece. Super nice guy and will go above and beyond to help you.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #14
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate everyone's input. It will be an interesting change I'm sure.

Dennis Breeden
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #15
Sean Marconette

Liked 165 Times in 60 Posts

Call G-Force and ask about their trade-ins, it will save you some money if they have something in stock. You will then get an updated trans with your gear choices at a reduced cost. Also as suggested get an input shaft sensor installed. How long the clutch slips is the biggest item to log and track. Browell and a window to adjust the clutch, Browell has a conical bellhousing similar to a QT but is custom and maybe a couple hundred more than a QT. You can also have the window clocked where you want it. Several fast cars are using Cale's clutch and like his stuff, several others including myself have Robs dual disc clutch. I have had good luck with Rob and the clutch has a wide tuning window. There are still a lot of Mcleod and Ram clutches in use to. In my opinion having a data logger is key to knowing what the cluch is doing, regardless of who's clutch is in the bellhousing.

Good luck

Sean
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:04 PM   #16
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you sure that's a good idea?
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #17
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedf22c View Post
Are you sure that's a good idea?
Well Carey you should know, with your experience driving your SS S2000 with a stick, your comp car with a stick, my dragpak when it was a auto, and countless others cars with sticks etc. You know the $ involved and everything else.

I can see three ways its a good idea, no question

#1 going back to stock I just assumed it was for SS, for stock, good combo, will take some $ and time
#2 combo change plus stick for SS, there some good potential there with other motors.
#3 Putting the existing combo into a old car for FGT.....Bucky's SS/AH would be cool, a 70 challenger with the six pack hood like mine wouldn't be bad, could likely get the dragpack intake in there, hell I've been talking to Tueton too much, I might even part with that # matching bad boy.

Lots of fun and good options for a winter.

Eric
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 PM   #18
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
Well Carey you should know, with your experience driving your SS S2000 with a stick, your comp car with a stick, my dragpak when it was a auto, and countless others cars with sticks etc. You know the $ involved and everything else.

I can see three ways its a good idea, no question

#1 going back to stock I just assumed it was for SS, for stock, good combo, will take some $ and time
#2 combo change plus stick for SS, there some good potential there with other motors.
#3 Putting the existing combo into a old car for FGT.....Bucky's SS/AH would be cool, a 70 challenger with the six pack hood like mine wouldn't be bad, could likely get the dragpack intake in there, hell I've been talking to Tueton too much, I might even part with that # matching bad boy.

Lots of fun and good options for a winter.

Eric
I mean, I’m not gonna lie, those are 3 pretty badass ideas.......(Ricky Bobby voice) 😃
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #19
Todd Gross

Liked 56 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbreeden View Post
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate everyone's input. It will be an interesting change I'm sure.

Dennis Breeden
After a bunch of research I decided to go with a G-Force for mine. The manual trans community assured me a Jerico was not an option for a higher horse power car, like the Drag Paks. I looked at Liberty as well as the G-Force and the one thing that helped make up my mind was that G-Force answered phone calls/ Returned calls and responded to emails. Liberty ,for me, was really hard to get a hold of. With that in mind, it made me concerned of service down the road. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

Old 10-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #20
Wade_Owens

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Schaefer clutch and an A833. You're welcome.

Wade O
Wade_Owens is offline   Reply With Quote