HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #21
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: Excessive Breaking?

Maybe the NHRA plan is to sell off their assets such as National Trail, hide the money and then off-shore it???????

You have heard of suicide by cop this could very well be suicide by Lucas Oil......

Could this be their exit strategy???????
Old 02-27-2017, 01:36 AM   #22
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

If there's more to NHRA's "story" it's gonna be ugly. Because the DQ wasn't what happened on the track. When the evidence is this plain...... someone needs to fess up.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #23
lstanford

Liked 131 Times in 29 Posts

Has stock and super stock turned into a braking contest? No wonder the fan base is going away. An average fan cannot even understand class racing any longer and it's braking not breaking into two pieces or more. Spell check is your friend.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #24
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

breaking = tossing the driveshaft out of the car on the starting line.

braking = smoking the tires across the finish line.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #25
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by FECARMAN View Post
Has stock and super stock turned into a braking contest? No wonder the fan base is going away. An average fan cannot even understand class racing any longer and it's braking not breaking into two pieces or more. Spell check is your friend.
For somebody that doesn't use correct capitalization or punctuation, I'm surprised that you would throw stones in your glass house. It's "Stock" and "Super Stock", and should be capitalized since they are the names of the categories and are proper nouns.

Also, spell check would not have alerted anybody of their mistake, as "breaking" is spelled correctly.

Regardless, Emmons got screwed on this run. Should he have been tossed on an earlier run? Maybe, but don't miss a call and then have an improper make up call later. As the old adage goes, two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

For all the nut-crackers Tom intentionally misspelled "breaking" because that's the way it appeared on DRC...lighten up guys.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #27
lstanford

Liked 131 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
For somebody that doesn't use correct capitalization or punctuation, I'm surprised that you would throw stones in your glass house. It's "Stock" and "Super Stock", and should be capitalized since they are the names of the categories and are proper nouns.

Also, spell check would not have alerted anybody of their mistake, as "breaking" is spelled correctly.

Regardless, Emmons got screwed on this run. Should he have been tossed on an earlier run? Maybe, but don't miss a call and then have an improper make up call later. As the old adage goes, two wrongs don't make a right.
I don't care who is responsible for the misspelling. I don't think the two classes are categories but they are becoming a Joke.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #28
Tom Turner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Allen Sherman has it right....Emmons got screwed. I have watched this video about 50 times and I don't see anything that couldn't be construed as good bracket driving. No smoke from the fronts (or rears) No Tim (Joey Chitwood) Fletcher display of skills, no reason at all to DQ. Both driver's were hard on the brakes....it's the way they race.
I have known Kyle Rizzoli since he was riding his big wheel around the pits and eating co co puffs for most meals.He is a good racer and friend. I was happy for him and the win when I first viewed the results but after hearing about the DQ and viewing the video from the finish line.....No doubt in my mind who actually won. My opinion of course. TT
Tom Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #29
curtis hieb

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

If it is a rule to not smoke tires at finish line maybe NHRA should put it in rule book so there people know what we can do and not do. Then everyone can be clear and Jerry would have been fine.
curtis hieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #30
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
For all the nut-crackers Tom intentionally misspelled "breaking" because that's the way it appeared on DRC...lighten up guys.
Jim, I certainly would give any DRC reporter a "break". Tough job.
That being said , I'm sure Tom knew that he was talking about the act of slowing down a vehicle.
Some folks just don't realize they are poor spellers, unless someone else points it out.
I use Firefox, with spell check built in. Of course that won't correct for using the wrong word, as stated earlier. Same goes for no capitalization, no punctuation, run -on sentences, etc.

Carry on....